Car cover yes or no?

Which make of cover have you got, John_M?

Vince

I’ve a couple, but the one I use most is the official Mazda one for the ND, the thin silvered type. It doesn’t look very substantial but it is actually very strong and stays on well.

The other is the top version of the Cabrioshield. It’s very heavy and well made, but doesn’t really do any more than the Mazda version.

I would avoid the very similar looking item that has elastic chin straps. The elastic loses its virtue quite quickly, and high winds tend to be its undoing.

1 Like

Do you have a link to the Mazda one, please?

Vince

Here you go Mazda uk site, not sure the link will work, under car configurator choose accessories.
https://www.mazda.co.uk/configurator/MAZDA%20MX-5/2DR.OPEN/
I bought one with my new ND2 only used it once so far, fits well.

https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/outdoor-half-cover-genuine-mazda-mk4-p-3784.html

To be honest I think I’d rather have the cabrioshield. The material is much thicker, no way in hell I could fold my cover that way (obviously, if you size is more important then the Mazda might be the better choice). Also, the Cabrioshield locks behind your doors, both at the front and the rear and also locks behind the trunklid. We have had storms over 7bft here since I have my Cabrioshield, not that long ago we even had a downburst with forces I’ve never seen here before it took down 4 40.000 kilgogram electricity pylons 2 miles from here (luckily that extreme part of the storm only lasted a few minutes). When looking outside of the windows for the first time in my life I thought, this must be what it looks like when a hurricane starts. I live at the end of the city, 30 meters from my car there is only grassland. There isn’t a place where I live where the wind blows more. My Cabrioshield? Not a single proverbial scratch.

No I don’t have any relation with Cabrioshield, I just think it’s an awesome product.

I’d back this up, Cabrioshield is great, fits the car really well, easy to fit after a couple of times, a really good product.

1 Like