Car seat upholstery repair

Hello, I was wondering whether anyone can recommend a car upholstery repairer in the Notts/Derby area. I need to have a tear repaired in a leather car seat. I hasten to add this is not in my beloved '5 but in my daily drive (Mercedes) and hope I won’t get thrown off the forum for asking a slightly none MX5 related question.

I’m currently considering using Derby Trim Repairs (http://www.derbytrimrepairs.com)

Does anyone have any experience of this company?

Thank you,

Ian

I don’t have any experience in your area, but I’ve had several seat repairs done in the past. I would always recommend looking up a local automotive retrimmer with full workshop facilities to get the job done properly. Especially if you’re keeping the car. The mobile repairers usually serve the trade more. They do a quick job that looks good at the time to get a car sold. Not always a job that will last and look good for years to come.

Of course this is a massive generalisation. But experience tells me to shy away from ‘man with a van’ and go for a fully equiped workshop.

As the subject matter of the original post is relevant to my enquiry may I please ask if anyone has any recommendations for restoration of leather seat (MK1) in the South East area.

In my opinion the seats would benefit from renewing the foam/bolsters and full recovering in a red leather ideally a match for an S Limited interior.

Ideally, I would need to drive my car in and leave it for the work to be done as I don’t have a spare set of seats.

Alternatively, I assume I could remove the seats (with some help) and bundle them into my car and drop them off at the restorers?

This is quite new to me so I am looking for guidance please. I assume someone has been in this position previously.

Thank you for any thoughts/ideas.

Grant