Car servicing

1. My model of MX-5 is: __Nd 2015
  2. I’m based near: __bathgate
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __servicing

Hi guys I just need some information on my servicing needs my car is now due a service and as I’ve only covered 1800 miles since I’ve owned the car what are your thoughts do I just need a interim service or full ? I have also noticed on some of the forums about the gearbox oil change is this included in any service or only full service your help will be appreciated as my knowledge is zero

Thanks Gazza

Hi G,

Gearbox is 5 years or 62500 miles.

All you need to know is here MX-5_8EV5-EE-15E_Edition1.indb (mazda.media) Page 398 (Chapter 6-4)

The wise would suggest both gearbox and differential are changed more regularly but remember to check the service ‘quotation’ so you know what is and is not included. Never assume anything.

The service record for your car will be on ‘My Mazda’ so register and see what is on there. Main dealers will always update this but some independents may not have bothered.
:heart:

Hi mad Malc

I’ve checked on the my Mazda and there’s no service history and nothing in the service book either car is a 2015 model so probably need to change the gearbox oil mileage is 36000

Cheers gazza

The best advice is to change both gearbox and diff oil then you know exactly where you are.
I am surprised that there is no information on My Mazda as the very least that should appear is the PDI. I would go into your local dealership and ask them to print off the information for you.
There is no ‘service book’ for the ND MX5, it is all on line.
:heart:

I know very strange I will pop into a dealer and see if they can find any information

Cheers Gazza

1 Like

I purchased the Haynes on line manual for servicing my 2016 Sport Nav.
It was very disappointing, mostly generic and in some cases incorrect.
Eg the pollen filter location photo was BMW engine bay.
They have credited me with the cost.
Does anyone know of an accurate manual.

This forum, gather the information/parts and crack on.:+1:

Now if it were an NC, I’ve done most service and minor tasks.

I had a MK1 manual once, hardly turned a page just for a couple of jobs which were easily found on such forums as this, YouTube now is a brilliant go to for some jobs.

1 Like