Car throttle Mx5 Mk3

Hello everyone,

I thought I would bring this video to your attention, I was featured in a episode on the cat throttle recently. I have been getting comments about my weight and how I nearly died of Covid.

As this club are generally quite understanding and intelligent I would like to share the video with you and a little insight also.

The episode doesn’t go into too much detail so I will clear up below.

Prior to last year I was relatively fit and much lower in my weight…… I mention this as the overweight comments I have received have been persistent.

Late 2019 I got pneumonia, then in March 2020 I contracted Covid 19 while working in a frontline role. Following 2 weeks I was bed bound and unwell. April 2020 I was discovered semi conscious on the floor by my wife, paramedics were called and I was blue lighted to a nearby hospital.

My wife at this point was told to have her final words as they were unsure if I would make it to hospital.

I was discharged as having Covid 19 and my second pneumonia within 7 months. Unpin returning home I started more anti booties and managed to start with pleurisy…. This being the most painful thing I have ever experienced.

For the past 8-10 months my condition has been very poor, I have as a result of the above had muscle fatigue from being bed bound, chronic fatigue and difficulty breathing.

Following recent months I have felt better slightly since I had my 1st vaccine although I make no claim that this is the sole cause.

Car throttle have been amazing and it’s all thanks to my wife for sharing my story with them. I won save my ride and they took my car that had not moved for months. What they have done has been amazing and I am most grateful for their help.

I know I am not the biggest sufferer and never claim to be but at appreciate of their help.

Anyway I will leave the link below for your viewing. If any of you have had similar issues during Covid time I am here to talk if you wish and I want to try and support people if I can.

Thanks in advance for not name calling and pre judging.

Dave

Car throttle video

I will also be doing some short videos with the mk3 and my dads mk4 recaro in the coming months, so I hope if you are interested you will follow my channel but it ok if not. :grinning:

My channel

10 Likes

Watched the video yesterday, great episode and love that they are doing these types of episodes. Great to hear you have started feeling better recently and I hope that you get to enjoy your car a lot more and just in time for the nicer weather!

Thanks for taking the time to share your story and hopefully it can bring some positivity to other people suffering in the long term. Can’t even begin to imagine what you would have been dealing with but it will only make you stronger over time.

Ignore any negative comments, unfortunately the internet is full of idiots with nothing better to do!

3 Likes

Really enjoyed watching that video, car looks fantastic! You must be really chuffed with it, enjoy!

1 Like

Great Video - hope the recovery continues and you must be well chuffed.

Only thing i will say is …

VR46 - time to go

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing and glad you are on the mend (although sorry to hear all you have been through)!

The video popped up in my YouTube recommendation list. I have already added it to my “watch later” list. I’ll be watching👍 Good to know it’s someone from our club!

All the best!

1 Like

Thanks all for your kind words. I did my first proper drive in the car and made a video thanking car throttle and Gyeon the sponsor today. I also picked up a cheap manifold via Rodders at Sheffield so may do mini episodes on things I do to the car, would you guys be interested in seeing more.

I plan on installing a silicone hose between my skuzzle intake and my throttle body, I also plan on doing a valve clean video following the MAF cleaning video.

The MAF cleaning resulted in a slightly elevated throttle response and MPG. So we’ll worth it.

Dave

YouTube video

1 Like

Really enjoyed that, well done all involved, that put me in a better mood so no doubt you’re over the moon :+1:t2:

1 Like

Since the Car Throttle episode I have been producing some episodes on YouTube, so if any of you want to keep up to date with myself or the car then take a quick look at the channel and decide if you wish to follow. Would love to interact with more people and this seemed like a good way to do it!

Youtube link!

Thanks again

Dave

2 Likes