Carcoon / Car Bubble Advice

Hi all.

Im considering buying a storage bubble for my Merlot NA. I spend a lot of time outside of the UK and leave the car stored in an unheated warehouse while im away.

There seem to be several versions of the Carcoon / Car Bubble / Car Capsule etc… I wondered if anyone had anything to say about these? Good / Bad or Indifferent?

Thanks In Advance.

I used an indoor Carcoon for 20 years on my Caterhams. The cars were overwintered in a damp , draughty and leaky ‘garage’ which was actually a former pigshed . Regardless of winter weather, the Seven always came out bone dry and raring to go . So an unqualified recommendation from me

2 Likes

A lot of car storage places now offer a carcoon option. So depending on your warehouse cost a proper car storage facility might be a better option.

1 Like

Thanks, Interesting point, however my warehouse is free so I would think the payback of one of these things would only be around a year or so v’s paid storage… plus it would have some intrinsic value anyway, not that i intend to sell it or the car anytime soon. The car would need to be stored for around 10 months of the year all told.