Carpet Cleaners

I am looking to purchase a carpet cleaner and would welcome any recommendations with regard to the model. Having been let down by a professional person at the last minute, after spending time clearing a lounge of furniture, my attention is drawn to owning my own.
Have considered hiring one but “old machines…other peoples problems”.
Have looked at many models and makes and looked at reviews, many seem to have problems.
Anyone???

We have one of the widely advertised Vax models for occasional use and can recommend them, ours is ‘compact power’ which doesn’t seem to be a current model (name now applied to a vacuum), it is the smaller end of the range and seems well made and also does a good job.

2 Likes

I have the Vax Dual V and it has always done a good job.

1 Like

We have a Vax too, had it about 6 years does the job👍 Don’t know the model number but it’ll have no doubt changed now.
As a side note we use the Astonish cleaner fluid in it, it’s reasonably priced from such places like Yorkshire Trading shops.

1 Like

Another vote for Vax.
We bought ours when the children were very young (potty training time!).
Used a lot back in the day, only occasionally now. Still going strong 15ish years later.

1 Like

I use a company called ‘zero dry time’
Its not a conventional wet system , cleans and carpets dry in no time at all.
Not a purchase i understand but at around £75 a room its an option.

Hi Pal,

In the end I plumped for a Vax Rapid Power2 Reach from Argos at £190 (Black Friday deal). Simple to assemble and seems to work. Have’nt yet used the car tools etc.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.