Carplay for my Eunos

I bought an add-on screen for Daisy - I had considered changing the stereo for a display, but the ones I saw were too low down and they took your eyes off the road.

I bought this from aliexpress last year, but having only recently got the car back from the sprayers, I was waiting for a good day to strip out the centre console and fit.  Usual grief, I accidentally blew a fuse removing some CB kit and it took me ages to find the culprit. I have a whole zipbag of fuses but did I have a 15 amp one, no!

Couple of pics . . .

6 Likes

Good work, that’s really neat.

I am considering a carplay unit “in the usual place” but that has given me food for thought - thanks!

Well, it looked and sounded good, but the quality of the hinge made it wobble when on other than smooth roads so I’ve had to remove it.

I installed a mag mount that also charges the iPhone at the same time and the iPhone connects to the radio by bluetooth so it will stream music and satnav as required. Before install, I tried putting the phone on the magnet and shook it hard and it held without moving.

I also took the opportunity to remove a style bar and install a Mk2 wind jammer bought from eBay for £30 - it looks brand new after a polish.

The mag mount will also hold an iPad Mini but I don’t think I will trust it over our bumpy and potholed local roads!

2 Likes