Cars in the Park, Newby Hall, N.Yorks. 9th May 2010

Hi all. Just wondering if there is enough interest in this to contact the organiser and get a club area.

I went last year and this is not a car show, more an informal gathering of anyone with an interest in cars.

Last year I counted: 7 Ferraris, 5 Lambos, 30something TVRs, AROC, Scooby OC, Lancia OC, Morgan OC and many more also had strong attendance.

I get back from overseas 3 days before the weekend and may end up trailering my car to Newby Hall as its currently SORNed and I can’t see me having the time and/or finances to get it back on the road in time but I’ll still be there.

Bring SWMBO along, there is a flower show at the event on the same day!!! It’s £7 for a car with two occupants with automatic free entry to the flower show (which incidentally is otherwise £10…per visitor!!!)

Just as an idea as to the ‘feel’ of the day, the Diablo was owned by a chap that had worked in a factory his entire life and had always promised himself one as a retirement pressie, the Evo is an original works car that the disabled (yes disabled) buyer had converted to an automatic so he could live a bit of his motorsport passion! A few snaps from last year:

Oops,

Forgot the website link Embarassed

http://www.carsinthepark.org.uk/welcome.php

Either the internet has gone down across the North of England, I’ve contracted leprasy or no-one is interested Sad

Oh well, a bump to get it back up the board, as this went on quite late last night…

Hi,

Put it on the year planner.  So hopefully should make it.

Take Care

Dave

Linky brokey? (something about needing to sign in first?)

"

array(0) {
}

This page is only available when you have signed in.
Registration is free and your details will not be sold.

"

Sorry niggle, not great at this interweb thing!

I gave you a link to my log-in Embarassed

Take two:

http://www.carsinthepark.org.uk/

Just to put peoples mind at rest, I have not recieved any unsolicited spams as a result of signing up to the website, its purely so that Chris cam email details of upcoming events (he solely organises these) to people.

No problem. Sorted now.

I have pencilled this in on my calendar. I won’t be entering my scruffy little bean tin for the show’n’shine beauty parade but only 55 miles away from us and looks like a nice day out nonetheless. All we need now is some decent weather …

Another bump to get this into the public eye…

Anyone???

4 MX-5s registered on the site as attending. Anyone here ?

Within day trip striking distance for me but keen to know what the level of OC member interest is before investing £5.50.   

Me defo, BigD and Niggle a distinct possibilty, only two last year, me and a nutzer so we’ve doubled the attendance!

OK, so I’m going to get back to the UK about 14 hours before the show, Mrs Peleton is (under duress) arranging the MOT, and getting the new rear sill welded, then I’ll be doing a quick overnight paintjob, so, all in all I’ll be grumpy, jet lagged and getting it in the neck for dragging SWMBO to a car show the day I get back after a month away with work.

My point? come on peeps, its £7 for two for a day out…with entry to the flower show thrown in! lets see if we can beat the current BMW roadster attendance record of 43!!!

I’m going to have to withdraw from this event, I’m afraid. As of last night I need a new front bumper, it’s not really “show” material at the moment. Sad

I have taken the plunge and signed up. Weather not promising though.

Hi,

I have got my ticket for me and Mrs D.

I cannot find a start time on the website.  I assume you can turn up any time.

Take Care

Dave

I got there for about 9 last year and this was probably a little early, lots of buckets of soapy water and spray bottles of polish out at that time! Was understandably busiest early afternoon and as I’ll be getting off a plane not long before I’ll probably drag my backside there around 11.

A cheap day out and some interesting cars although the nail polish pink Z3 was a little OTT. Despite the early grey skies the sun eventully came out and 7 MX5s turned out (8 including a grey Mk2.5 parked next to the Ferraris). To top the day off it was roof down all the way home. Interesting to see the stormy blue Mk3 with interior retrimmed in black leather and blue alcantara, photos of which I’ve seen on another forum, which looked really good in the flesh. Will keep an eye out for this one next year.

Whay a cracking day.  Thanks John for highlightng this show and all the best to you.

Nice to meet Al,Dai and Cathy.  Got there at 09:30 and left at 17:30.

Good weather, nice location and plenty of cars. And as Al says at bargain prices.

Take Care

Dave 

Thanks Dave, had a great day, shame Al took the picture with all the tops up! I popped back with my good lady later in the day but most people had gone and when I suggested saying hello to the few 5s that were still there she came over all shy.

Loads of piccies on the Cars in the Park webpage…none of us strangely but one of that putrid pink beemer!!!

Nice to meet you all, hopefully next time too? Harewood is supposed to be bigger and better…

Please accept my apologies for the poor quality photography, both technical and composition. I am no David Bailey !  

There are some nice shots on the CITP site as John says and in the events section on Pistonheads although they seem to concentrate on inferior italian and german marques.