- My model of MX-5 is: MX5 MK2.5
- I’m based near: Sunderland
- I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: CAT/CAT Replacement
I have a NBFL '04 and I have recently thought about replacing the CAT, but I’d like to know a little more about the CATs themselves. My reason for replacement is to actually put the original in storage (if it is original), as I’ve read upon the cutting and theft of original cats at least from Jap cars because of the rare elements and prices for these elements.
I guess these are the most important questions to ask:
- Would I still pass an MOT with an aftermarket CAT?
- How effective are replacement CATs over OEM in terms of performance and maintaining the cars original character?
If anyone has any indications on prices for potential sale of my OEM cat, I’d like to know more.