Catridge ink jet printers

My Canon iP8750 printer has packed in working.
The orange light keeps flashing 5 times demoting an error. I washed the printer head and that didn’t fix it so I bought a brand new head from Amazon and that did not work either so it looks like I need a new printer. I only use the printer to print letters etc and coloured print off photographes. can any one reccomend a new, but good printer that does not cost a fortune and does what it is supposed to do?

It’s possible the pipes running to the head need syringing with isopropyl alcohol.

Considering the Canon site is saying there was an offer of £300 off the iP8750 printer (up till January of this year) I’m not sure what fortune that printer cost you, it may be cheaper to buy a new printer, but possibly a call to the Canon service center to get a quote on fixing it may be in order.

I can’t recommend a specific model, but Brother printers were always reliable back where I worked. Samsung at the time were re-branded Brothers so likewise they did well too.

Brother colour inkjet printers currently retail on amazon from £80-200 while colour laser printers start at £208.

‘Print Letters and Coloured Print off Photographs’

Like yourself my Canon 3050 suddenly stopped working and I’ve replaced it with a Canon TR4750i

£69.99 from Amazon

These are 3-in-1 printers with replacement Black and Colour Cartridges

Don’t know whether this model will do the jobs you want because I’ve been too busy to start exploring it

Any way have a look at it on Amazon

Hope this helps ?

Because I wanted to print off a large number of photographs as well as office grade colour A4, I bought an ink jet printer using ink tanks, rather than replaceable cartridges. The initial capital outlay is far more expensive, although the Canon G4511 which I purchased four years ago is very reliable, produces superb results and the consumables cost is very low.
“Yer pays your money and takes yer choice.”
Laurie

3 Likes

I’ve always had Epson printers.
When a new model initially comes out, there’s only epson cartridges to choose from, and they can be a bit expensive, but it’s not long before copies are available.
I pay only £1 each now for mine, I buy about £40s worth and they’ll last me 18-24 months.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.