ceramic coating ...

hi , i have just done my first ceramic coat application, 

my question is ,   when can i apply a second coat ??..  (and presumably this would increase its shine ? )

this is the brand i used ,

thanks 

Hi

Couple of questions:

1. Did you use both PM products? Ultra Finish Polish is a glaze with sealant added?..Its generally poor and not really needed if youre using an LSP as well (Wax?/Sealant/Ceramic)

2. Did you do a wipe down woth Paint Prep after polishing? Why? Because you need to remove polishing oils before using a Ceramic Sealant or it wont bond properly

The Sealant is probably quite low by volume of SiO2 content. Basically its best used as a topper after around 4 or 5 washes. I use  asimilar product as a ‘Quick Detailer’ having already got a Ceramic Coat

A good Ceramic Sealant will last 2 years, I doubt this will…so just use as described.

You dont need to add another coat, but if you do…24 hours after curing and no moisture to come in contact + Do not wash the car for at least 7 days

EDIT: This is the best for easy application and Durability:

Gyeon Q2 Can Coat. 24 hours curing and will last more than 12 months…maintained with Gyeon Q2M Cure…Longer

https://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/gyeon-q2-cancoat

https://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/gyeon-q2m-cure

hi chris , i was hoping you would reply , 

this is what i did  ( lifted from my thread )

today i had my first go at ceramic coating 

ERIC was covered in TFR and wheel cleaner , rinsed and washed ( all POWER MAXED products ) , rinsed again and towel dried 

as ERIC has only covered 300 miles or so since being clayed i decided this was not required  …( please note , i am not a car detailer )

next was a deep clean with more POWER MAXED polishes, both say they are a good base for applying wax or ceramic coating 

so a good hand polish with each of these polishes , took around a hour 

i have never bought ceramic coating before so really this was a stab in the dark …HYDROLEX CERAMIC SEALANT 

it was easy enough to apply once you got used to NOT putting too much on  ,

you get 2 application pads and 2 MF clothes too.

this took probably another 30 mins 

not got any really good pics ( not been out yet ) , but got couple while  doing coating on my driveway 

happy with results

i got a litre of the stuff so it will probably last me years 

this is the reason i used it 

and … as you probably guessed , no wipe down after polishing 

so whats best way to use this , 

wash car with PM shampoo + ultra wax ( which i really like ) , then every 3 or 4 times give the car a going over with the HYDROLEX

thanks in advance 

Unfortunately there is adifference between Ceramic Coats and Sealant
Ceramic Sealant MUST be applied to a paintwork completely cleansed of any products or they dont bond
In your case, as the 'Ceramic Sealant’has already been applied, I would leave it to degrade and then polish again when there is no more beading evident and wipe down with IPA or Paint Prep
Hope this helps …The car looks good though, so all is not lost!! Haha!!

cheers chris

when you have time , can you do link to IPA (??) or paint prep (??) , that i would need …please /thanks

so recap , , when beading is less evident, i need to,

REPOLISH… ( using this PM ?? , both bottles ?? )
WIPE OVER with IPA or paint prep ,
REAPPLY the HYDROLEX

STAND BACK AND ADMIRE !!!..sounds like a plan !

is this the stuff ?????

Gtechniq - Panel Wipe

Gtechniq - Panel Wipe

Gtechniq - Panel Wipe Gtechniq Panel Wipe (5 Litre) Gtechniq Panel Wipe (500ml) Gtechniq Panel Wipe (250ml)
Product Code: GTECH-PW
FROM
£9.95
inc. vat

(4) Read Reviews Ask a question
250ML
Avaliable: 24
£9.95
inc. vat
ADD TO CART
500ML
Avaliable: 40
£14.95
inc. vat
ADD TO CART
5 LITRE
Avaliable: 3
£72.95
inc. vat
ADD TO CART

SHORT DESCRIPTION

Gtechniq Panel Wipe is designed to remove all polish residues so that ultra durable chemically bonding coatings such as C1 Crystal Lacquer and EXO can form the maximum amount of bonds 

this is the first wash after applying coating…nice beading 

Looks great! 

Good beading

Well done