*CHANGE OF VENUE* North West Norfolk - Fish and Chip Run to 'Sunny Hunny' Wednesday 27th July - 19:00hrs

Good Evening Everyone

Firstly, our apologies for the late call, however, due to a recent problems with the quality of the food and standard of service at The Waterside, we have relunctantly decided to change our venue for this month’s fish and chip run to The Mariner Inn, Golf Course Road, Old Hunstanton, PE36 6JJ.

The management team at The Mariner are providing us with our own dining area in the conservatory, however, to ensure we do not have to wait too long for service they have asked us to pre-order, from the attached menu. Would you kindly take a look at what’s available and the either contact Andy and/or myself either via the forum or via ‘What’s App’.

All other details remain unaltered.

We will be using a different route this time, which takes in well known way points, such as the former ‘Royal’ Station at Wolferton, The Sandringham Estate, Shernborne, Fring and Heacham before reaching our destination at Hunstanton, in total a trip of around 30 miles.

Day / Date: Wednesday 27th July 2022
Meeting Point: Sainsbury’s (Hardwick) Car Park. Post Code: PE30 4LR
Times: Meet at 18:45hrs / Depart 19:00hrs / Arrival: 20:00hrs

We look forward to seeing you on the 27th.

Andy and Barry

Barry and Jenny (Fish and Chips x 2)
Mark and Pam (Fish and Chips x 2)
Matt (Fish and Chips) Mix (Veggie Lasagne)
Ingrid and Roger (Fish and Chips x 2)
Mark (BBQ Chicken and Bacon Burger) Carole (Aberdeen Angus Lasagne)
Simone (Fish and Chips)
Andrew Kerley (Fish and Chips)
Mark P (Fish and Chips)
Andy and Jo
Peter Midgeley (Fish and Chips)
Craig (Fish and Chips) and Gemma (Vegetarian Lasagne).
Andrew (Manhatton Chicken) and Hilly (Chicken, Bacon and Mayo Sandwich).

1 Like

Hi we will be there, I assume you mean meet at 6.45pm for 7pm leave. Regards Linda & Dave

Hi Linda / Dave

Well spotted, 6 different posts sent out, only this one with wrong 24hr clock time. I could claim it was a deliberate ploy to keep you on your toes, but I guess you would see through that excuse!!

Kind regards

Barry

1 Like

Hi Barry

I will be there

Regards

Mark

Cheers Mark.

See you on the 27th.

Barry

1 Like

Hi Barry and Jenny

We will be on the run

Cheers
Andy and Jo

Andy / Jo

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow (17th) as well.

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Barry. I hope you had a good trip away. Just realised we’re not on the list for this :grimacing: please add us on. See you tomorrow.

Hi Craig,

Super week, good weather, great countryside and even better roads!

Your on the ‘list’

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Barry,

Just to let you know that last week we dined at the Waterside and it was arguably the worst meal we have had there. We’ve been going to the Waterside for the 8 years we have had our apartment in Hunny - we’ve had a few occasions where one of the meals hasn’t been up to scratch but in a busy period, not something to worry about.

This time, the place was quiet, hardy any customers even at 7pm, even though Hunny was very busy with visitors. I had cold greasy eggs, hard yokes so I expect they were not freshly cooked, luke warm bacon, also greasy. Chips were hot. Maureen’s scampy were (probably) fried earlier and then refried later as they were extremely “well-done” having that re-warmed appearance. Off our place-to-dine list, which is a shame as it is within walking distance so I could enjoy a pint and not worry about driving; now it looks like a drive and non-alcoholic beer for me.

Hopefully, with advance notice that you are all coming for F&C, they will be better prepared!

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

Jeff

Jeff

Many thanks for the heads up. To be honest I am not suprised as we had a similar experience at the Waterside in May, since when, we, (Jen and I), have used Henry’s, (just the other side of the pedestrian crossing), which has been much, much better, if a touch more expensive.

I phoned the Waterside last Wednesday, (as I always do), to re-affirm the day/date/time/numbers and was not impressed by the lack of interest shown by whomsoever answered the phone, so am almost expecting a problem this time around.

I feel a change of venue is needed!

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Barry.
Please count us in, I have seen the WhatsApp regarding the change of venue.
Regards Mark and Carole.

Mark, Carole, Thanks for the swift reply. I have your order now as well.

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Barry

Fish & Chips please

I look forward to seeing you all. It will be nice to blow the cobwebs off the 5, it’s not been out the shed, since the last meeting

Regards

Mark

Mark

Good Morning

Take it as ‘red’ the cobwebs will be removed by the end of the evening!

Barry