Charity Easter Egg Run to Royal Marsden in Surrey, 4th April 2009

Hi folks 

Some of you I’m sure will remember this event from previous years…

Posted on behalf of the organisers Tim Robinson & Diane Thorne 

The format will be the same as usual, only details at the moment are expect to start from Rykers and end at The Grasshopper (subject to a visit to see if things have improved since last year).

Watch this space

Last years photos here;
http://www.timrobinson.fotopic.net/c1484404.html

Cheers for now and thanks!
Di & Tim

I never saw that pic of me before carrying the stack of egg boxes balanced under my chin! And that is me in the first pic too, backing out of a parking space in my old Mk1! Will definitely be there again this year.

Twas an EXCELLENT turnout last year…and the drive between The Marsden and The Grasshopper was fantastic! Exactly what the 5 was built for.

We’ll defo be there

As a new member (so, not familiar with last year’s event!) could you tell me a bit more about what’s involved? The run part is obvious enough, but the charity and easter egg parts less so.
I think I’ll almost certainly join in though - Great Marsden’s practically on my doorstep, so it would be silly not to!

I think I will be along to this.  If I remember correctly it starts and finishes early right?  I may bring my daughter along.

Broadly speaking there are 4 parts to the day…

1. Meet up (possibly Rykers Cafe at Box Hill)

2. A drive to the Royal Marsden Hospital in Sutton

3. Hand over donations to the hospital - mixture of easter eggs, toys, books (whatever people feel like bringing)

4. Drive to a pub for late lunch (possibly the Grasshopper near Westerham)

Bob

Anna and myself plan to come along. Last years turn out looks fantastic.

I’ve posted on the South East area that we’ll be going, so I thought I’d let you know on this thread as well…!

It’s a great cause and has a real “feel good” factor to know that you’re supporting something worthwhile…

Cheers Ian [Y]

Bob

Yes Bob, D.J and myself will be coming, we will meet up with Harco first.

Been a while since I joined you guys!
This one is in my diary
bob

Hi Di & Tim

I’ll be down souf that weekend for the Beaulieu photoshoot, would love to join you f that’s ok. I know where Rykers is , used to go there as a young biker just need to know kickoff time.

rgds

Brian

Hi Tim & Di

Thanks for organising this again this year - it’s a great run and for a worthy cause…we’’ be there!

Okay could someone tell me what time we need to meet at Rykers Cafe please

Thanks

Sarah (Mazda Chick)

Sunday 13th March - Tim has just provided me with the latest information regarding this event and I have posted it on the North Thames web site.

Please click here to view it.

Sunday 15th March - Tim has just provided me with the latest information for the Easter Egg Run and I have posted it on the North Thames web site.  Please click here to view it.

10AM? Blimey! Well, I guess it makes sense given that the drive’s supposed to end in lunch.

I’ll be there! Probably on my own - don’t think the idea appeals to the other half, but you never know!

Must remember to go egg shopping…

Latest update from Tim (1/4/09) - change to end point…

Minor change to the destination for the drive. This will revert
back to The Grasshopper as the Botley Farmhouse can’t cater for the possible
numbers. Route instructions will be handed out at Rykers but if you have tomtom
satnav you can download the routes from this location;<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>www.mx5tim.adsl24.co.uk/09easterroutes.zip<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!

Full details of the event are on the North Thames web site - click here

I have photos from yesterday! Not as many as I might have, as I didn’t have a passenger to shoot while I drove, but I’ve got quite a few of the cars stationary! I’ve not blurred out numberplates 'cos it’d take me all day, but if you’re bothered by any of them, let me know and I’ll do something with yours.

So. Pictures. Unfortunately because of the way my router works, I can’t actually check that these all work, so please let me know if there are any broken links! If it doesn’t work, go to this page and it should be fine.