Chatsworth - May Update

There are still tickets available for the Pie and Pea Supper.

Currently 2/3 of the tickets allocated have been sold.

If you intend to come please complete the booking form enclosed in last months Soft Top Hard Top, a downloadable copy can be found at http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/forums/t/15904.aspx

Saturday.
There will be two runs today, one leaving at 9.30 for 3 hours with a brunch coffee stop half way round, returning to the start point, on the Chatsworth Estate for 12.30.
The second run will then leave at 12.30 on a different route, for 3 hours, again stopping for a coffee half way round. returning to the start point, again on the Chatsworth estate for 3.30pm.
This should give those that are attending the evening Pie and Pea Dance, time to get their dancing trousers on and be waiting for the free bus to pick them up.
 The plan is to have a pick up time of 5pm and 5.30 pm from both the camp site at Barlow and the Park hotel.
 Running a shuttle service with 24 seater buses, arriving just in time for the bar to open at 6pm.
After an aperitf or two, the pie and peas will be served 7-7.30pm.
We have almost got the whole of the hotel to ourselves, with a wedding size Marquis in the grounds on hardstanding, plus an overflow room in the hotel, plus the downstairs bar area, so that's 4 bars to prevent queuing !!
The band Broken Toys will set up about 8pm to start playing from 9pm, now if any of you were lucky enough to be at Mallory (not Belvoir as stated earlier), it is the same band. excellent they were too.
They will perform till approx 11.30pm, encores allowing of course, then the buses will take people back to their accomodation from 11.30 then again at 12 midnight.
Sunday sees an early start, official opening time is from 9am, to try and keep the main access road clear for members of the public visiting the house.
The events scheduled for the day include from 10am until 4pm a Caricature artist will be doing drawings of people who have pre booked for £5, or £10 if you turn up on the day, bearing in mind there is a limit of 60 pictures only.
Also from 10am till 11am then from 12 till 1pm and again from 2pm till 3pm the Ireland Chesterfield Colliery Brass Band will be performing for your entertainment.
There will also be a Rodeo Bull ride from 11am till 3pm, for a small fee their will be a prize for the person who stays on the longest, so yeehaa get your spurs out pardners.
We are trying to arrange a photographer, who will take your picture on entry to the event, to be put on sale during the day if you wish a momento of your visit.
There will be a raffle running throughout the day as well as the ususal show car competitions.
Along with some race prepared track MK3's provided by Paul Roddison and others from Max5racing, who will also be giving a talk and showing people round his cars.
Our very own MR FIXIT Robbie will also be giving a demonstration and there to answer any technical querries you may have about your MX5.
As if that wasn't enough, GK group will be showing us a few cars as well as the latest MK3.5,
MX5 Parts and Autolink will be there to supply you with new and used parts that we all just must have, and of course with special rally discounts too.
Footman James will be able to provide all your insurance needs, and there will be a number plate/vinyl graphics printed while you wait vendor there also.
Not forgetting the ever present health and safety aspect, we have invited the I.A.M. Institute of Advanced Motorists to attend,
We have one or two more traders in the pipeline, plus one or two surprises that may or may not happen yet, but plans are under way to make the day as enjoyable as we can for all our members.
Look forward to seeing you all there
Kind regards
The Chatsworth Committee, Peaks and Pennine MX5 Owners Club.
 Our thanks to Pete Garton for preparing this update

I thourght it was Dirty Carpet who played at Belvior.

I think you’re correct.

Just checking to see if you were paying attention, yes my mistake it was the band from Mallory not Belvoir, sorry folks.

but they were still excellent.

We would like to join the Saturday afternoon drive, do we have to book onto this run and where is the starting point for the drive?

Peter

Yes you are right Robbie, sorry for the error

Hi Peter

Please use download a booking form from http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/files/folders/rally_information/entry94436.aspx

and forward it to Jill Round, her address is on the form.

The runs will start from close to Chatsworth House, we will post the exact location as soon as it is OK ed by the Chatsworth Estate.

B

I’ve downloaded and sent off the form (requested the afternoon scenic drive), but I did notice that the form issued with the April STHT (that I have used to request the pie and pea supper) did not have a line about the scenic drives and the return address at the bottom of the form did not have the house number (i.e 4). I hope my original form (containing my cheque) got through!

Peter

Hello Peter

Yes I received your cheque and your tickets are winging their way to you, posted yesterday. No prob with address only a few houses on my road.

Regards Jill

And I have received everything, thanks

Peter