Cheap & effective steering wheel re-trim

Nothing needs to be removed. They should have given you a bit of plastic to work it under the trim.

I loose fitted then stuck it down, I used a bit more tape than they gave. Then worked the bits under the trim and finally did the thread.

Just take your time.

3 Likes

Great, thanks for that. Tomorrow’s project

Thats an excellent piece of work :+1: I went the Royal Steering wheel route and only cost me about 16 times as much! :grimacing: I think if I got another car and it needed a wheel refurb, that’s probably the way I would try this time around :nerd_face:
Thanks for posting the pictures.
Barrie

Yes, seconded on the pictures, helps a lot👍

The search on Aliexpress shown displays a wheel for an MX-5 Miata 2009-2013.

I have an NC1 (2008) and the wheel looks the same as the one pictured. But is it? @dirtybeer what year is your car ? Do I keep searching for an NC1 cover or will this one fit?

This morning’s job. I think it looks better “in the flesh”, quite pleased, for £20-ish good enough!

1 Like

Hi mine is 2008 also. Just checked from when I bought it and it said 2009-2012. They must have the same wheel

1 Like

Yours is lovely with the 12 o’clock stripe, but the ones I’ve searched on HuiER are all plain, any ideas on other places to buy?

Ordered!

Was £15 including “tax”. Asked for Grey stitching and marker. Just got to wait a month+ for delivery by which time I will have forgotten all about it and wonder where it came from! Be like Christmas.

Thanks for the links.

1 Like