Cleaning grease & sweat stains from cloth upholstery

Yes, grim.

My VW UP! has light grey cloth seats and my son has been using the car since passing his test, ferrying friends left, right and centre.

Judging from the state of the seats, seems they’ve used the car for multiple drive-thru and gym visits. He’s in the doghouse.

How best to remove stains? I have Autoglym interior shampoo and a steam cleaner but if anyone has any tips, be grateful for them before I get a start on it.

I use the Autoglym shampoo too👍
Know what you mean, I have grandkids of varying ages, one trip and the car seems like its trashed in the rear. Soon comes back clean with the above and some of the below on the carpets, diluted in a squirty bottle and brush.

By far the best I’ve ever used. :+1:t2:

Thanks both, will see how I get on with AG and if no good, will try your suggestions.

My daily driver has leather/velour seats, when i bought the car the nap in the velour was flat and stained, i borrowed my Sons spot cleaner which is basically a smaller version of a full size carpet cleaner (sorry i can’t remember the make) 10mins or less on each seat brought them back as new and the nap standing to attention.

Good shout. 1001 cleans a big, big carpet for less than Half a Crown.
That’s 12.5p if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

I had a stain on a carpet left by a previous owner, not sure what it was but it was quite dark on a grey interior, really stood out. I tried this https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/interior-cleaning/turtle-wax-interior-1-multipurpose-cleaner-and-stain-remover-400ml-234435.html and was pleasantly surprised that it got it all out in one go.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.