Clever Claws

I once saw a dog, on a Sunday morning, wait patiently with a newspaper in its mouth, at a crossing until cars stopped for it and it trotted across.
Now we have a cat in our neighbourhood that perhaps beats that. It actually waits for the traffic lights to go red on a junction/crossing before trotting across the very busy road we live on. Amazing…

7 Likes

Cats do the strangest things… They purr, for instance…

It’s Been Many Many Years Since I Did ‘Animal Learning’ as part of a Degree
BUT
Dogs and Cats have the SAME Brain Structure as Us Humans [Limbic System for Example…Seat of Emotions… which is Why they can get Depressed/Anxious etc]
EXCEPT less of the Neo-Cortex
For Example
If you Surprise your Cat it might initially ‘Hiss at You’
Then it Recognises you and relaxes

What It Doesn’t Do is Then Ruminate About the Experience

“Oh Jezz…It Could Have Been a Dog…I Could of Been Harmed !”

Which is What Us Humans Do

I Wanna Be a Dog or a Cat When I Reincarnate

'Cos Ruminating About Bad Experiences Doesn’t Half Suck :crazy_face: :smiley:

3 Likes

Sorry, but you have to be a Hindu/Sikh/Jainist/Buddhist to be eligible for reincarnation. :crazy_face:

1 Like

When you wake up at one o’clock in the morning with acute pain in the chest and a buzzing noise in your ears - then you realise it’s the cat purring with its face one inch from yours going through its “kneading routine” before it curls up and goes to sleep on you.

4 Likes

Drat…Was Thinking Death Bed Conversion as Heaven Sounds Bit Boring

1 Like

…Especially When You Are Digesting Your Meal…Warm Spot

Sleeping on Your Head

Checking Your Hair For …???

Ensuring You Are Alive So You Can

FEED THEM…FEED ME NOW

1 Like

Yep! My girl does that! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

We Better Not Start on Keyboards…Another Warm Spot

What’s Yours Doing Now

Mine is Sunbathing in back garden

Mine’s pretending to do that, but as she’s lying about three feet away from where I feed the birds I doubt her real intentions are honourable!

2 Likes

I’ve been lucky…got her as 3.5 yrs Rescue House Cat…18 Months Later…She Changed Her Mind
Only 3 x Sparrows…in following 18 Months [all I retrieved & released unharmed]
:shushing_face: Don’t Tell Her…Useless Hunter [phew]
THEN LOCKDOWN and GRASS NOT CUT
2 x Sparrows & 1 x Magpie in 3 Weeks
Fortunately Saved Them All
Nothing Since Grass Cut

1 Like

Found mine in my flooded garage day after Boxing Day 2012, an abandoned 4 month kitten. Absolutely docile to me, never scratched or bitten or thrown a tizz whatever. But with a large, wild garden and fields surrounding it’s wildlife beware, if it’s smaller than a fox or heron it’s worth a try! I rescue what I can. At her last MOT the vet remarked that she’d never seen such perfect teeth on a cat her age, “what do you feed her?”, “Go-cat dry food and Felix pouches”, “does she eat raw food?”, “yes”, “what do you give her?”, “I don’t, she gets it from the fast food take-away, if it’s fast enough it gets away, otherwise…”. I won’t go into detail. But I wouldn’t be without her.

This was her just after I brought her in from the garage.

3 Likes

Surprised at the magpie.
They’re pretty aggressive and I would expect them to be able to look after themselves

Wow…Your Rescue Reminds Me of Tour of Singapore [1968-71] when late Dad was RAF. Locals Would Regularly Abandon Puppies & Kittens in the Monsoon Drains
We Rescued one of each whilst there on the understanding ‘We Can’t Take Them Home’
Can’t Believe 2012 similar Rescue in UK :astonished:
Appreciate You Not Sharing ‘Fast Food Take-Away’…But Love the Humour :smiley:
Mine was RSPCA Rescue [6 Months in a ‘Cupboard’ & Fed]…Big Girl…Never Got Her Weight Off. She’s Now About 10.5 yrs. Vet says her only Health Issue
She Gets Sheba & Dry Tesco for her teeth [Plus Occasional Dreamies & Pretend Dreamies [Dental Bites] as Reward
Can’t do tech photos…But She’s a Tortie
Called Suzi…Added a Q as she came with Catitude like Suzi Quartro [since learnt Mohammed Ali favourite ‘punch’]
What’s your girl called ?

She’s “Kitty” because years ago when Gran used to feed her many feral cats she used to call out “here, kitty, kitty, kitty” and they’d all appear. Now when this little one turned up Mum’s health was starting to deteriorate and she was having trouble with her sort-term memory but could remember things from her childhood, so a cat was “kitty” and so it stayed.

1 Like

You’re Not Kidding !
Silent Sparrows
MAGPIE SCREECHED ITS HEAD OFF
She’d Got It to the Back Door
Couldn’t Believe What I Was Seeing
Grabbed SuziQ by Back of Neck and She Let It Go
Just a Feather and Bit of Blood
Got Scratched for England
Shocked Me No End
Thank Goodness for Adrenalin
Hadn’t Moved That Fast In Months
Me and SuziQ :crazy_face:

1 Like

My sister’s cat found that out. Lying in ambush under a bush, a magpie lands on the lawn just out of range, cat creeps out on its stomach and said magpie pretends to ingore it and draws it further and further away from cover until it’s completely out in the open then magpie’s mate drops out of a nearby tree and gives cat a severe pecking. He didn’t bother with magpies after that.

2 Likes

She Just Got Lucky (?) during Lockdown as Grass Was Waist High
She’s Caught Nowt Since Return Of the Grasscutters !

1 Like

Recent escapade. Doing something in the garden, Kitty beside me watching, bush full of twittering sparrows about fifteen feet away. Suddenly something flies by touching my scalp and disappears into said bush about three feet off the ground - large hen sparrowhawk! Look down to see what Kitty’s doing, she’s not there, turn round to squawking bush and see Kitty’s rear end, tail wagging, protruding from the place where the hawk had entered! Went over, removed cat, out flew hawk, unharmed and sparrowless. Sparrows eventually calmed down and peace returned.

1 Like

Wow !
Great Save !
Know Exactly What You Mean re Twittering Sparrow Bush
Things Went All Pear Shape in Lockdown with Wildlife

1 Like