Clock added

Since updating my head unit, I’ve been disappointed with quality of the clock function. It’s a very small display and almost illegible in certain light.
After searching the net, I found this little beauty on eBay.
Arrived today and I’m really pleased with the result. Compliments the piano black and the heater vents really well. In my opinion…:grinning:

4 Likes

That’s quite neet!

1 Like

I have searched but couldn’t find this model on eBay. any chance you could post a link please?

That’s great, thanks. :slight_smile:

I agree about the tiny digital clock on the satnav screen so I fitted this. Note the Mazda logo too.
I should have done better with the double sided sticky pad provided so need to find that black felt tip pen.

The ad said it was visible after dark with luminous hands, but it isnt alas.

Here’s my cheap NA mod

if you’ve not guessed - it’s a ford clock off eBay

3 Likes

small clock from wish cost £2.00 :smiley:

2 Likes

Never seen that one done before, off a Mk3 Mondeo? Looks good, different!

Usual E36 B M W clock in my Mk1, but i went with the rarer left hand drive version as wanted the clock nearer to me and looks much better too i think!

4 Likes

I think it was out of a Ford Ka, but knowing Ford it would be in all models. In hindsight the position (central) makes it hard to see from drivers side when in 5th gear (big knob in the way🥴) the bmw clock looks the way to go - but more expensive.

Yeah the BMW set up is a little more costly but well worth it, the wiring was £4.99 and is available off eBay, same as the clock and frame - think I paid £10 ish for the clock and £20 ish for the frame!

Did the wiring from the Mazda clock fit straight on?

Has anyone with a Mk3 got a similar clock and put it over the dummy oil pressure dial?
If so, please advise if a good one :wink:
A digital one may be easier as it could be thinner…

My Mk1 didn’t have a clock, the BMW plug that goes in the back of the clock needs different wiring to then be hard wired into the Mazda loom with permanent live etc. The BMW plug but Mazda wires is available on eBay, cost me a fiver!

Do you have a link?. I have searched for it without success, thanks

I can’t find it now sadly, was a year ago when I bought it

Sorry only just seen this question - as for the NA fitted with Ford clock, the live feed was stolen from the ashtray center console light, I’d not even realised it existed until I took the console out, the bulb was dead but the live still present.