Closing Hood on MK3

Hi
Would like some advice please? when i close the roof on the MX5 Mk3 is it ok to lower it slowly, so stop halfway, rather than completely, as i feel, when i lower the roof, it tends to come down quite heavy, or would it mess up the mechanics

Thanks

Hmmm :thinking: are you referring to PRHT? If so, no problem stopping the cycle at any point for maintenance etc. However, beyond a certain point when opening, it will eventually go down under its own weight but the cycle won’t complete (deck lid closure) without the button being pressed. There are limiter switches fitted that activate on the main roof. That do as they say, at certain points in the cycle, stopping part way just means they remain unswitched until main roof fully open or closed.

Barrie

Thanks Barrie
It just seems that when I press the button to put roof down, it really goes down with a clunk, so by stopping it halfway, and then re-doing, brings it down better, wasn’t sure if it is ok to stop during the closing procedure

1 Like

Great stuff! The roof can be raised or lowered manually, including the rear deck lid if (heaven forbid) there develops a fault to the roof? Ask me how I know! :joy: wouldn’t recommend it though! :roll_eyes:

Barrie

1 Like