Club Car Competitions at the National Rally

CAR COMPETITIONS 

The Club’s Car Competitions are an important part of the Rallies. We have completely filled the paddock at the past 7 rallies and they feature at the heart of the event and no better place to show off your car.

?The Car Competition rules have proved a valuable asset to owners and regular competitors and with emphasis on how well your car is kept and worked on, owners can enter their car into any one of the following 5 Competition classes:
Standard Car Class - Factory standard car, period Mazda genuine accessories only.
Light Modification - Some cosmetic and light modifications with aftermarket accessories (most members cars are in this category)
Modified - Numerous enthusiast modifications and also forced induction cars (*except where standard fit)
Ultra Modified - Radical vehicle alteration, e.g retro body kit or MX-5 kit build.
Daily Driver - Accessible category for cars in regular use. Age & mileage limits apply (bodywork & cabin judged only)

HOW TO ENTER

?To enter the Competitions all you need to do is fill in the online registration form (link)

?-or-

Email your interest to the coordinator at mal.jones@mx5oc.co.uk. Mal will be send you back a copy of the judging and scoring manual also downloadable here and the form to fill in your details and return with your preferred entry class.

The cut off for entry will be Friday 15th September to allow for the Rally team to set out the Competition plots for the day. After this time we will be unable to accept more vehicles into the Competitions.

Specific Rally information, times and directions will be sent to all competitors after entry closes.

Please Note : Due to site restrictions, places are limited at this event. 

DOWNLOAD THE RULES AND SCORING SHEETS

This Year Competition’s sponsorship and prizes from 

PicturePicturePicture

• Standard Car Class sponsored by ?Meguairs
  • Light Modified Car Class sponsored by Lancaster Insurance
  • Modified Car Class sponsored by Adrian Flux Insurance

From our on site meeting last weekend it is looking like the Competitions Paddock could well be filled before the closing date.

If you are interested in taking part please register as soon as possible.

Are ND’s not included :( 

Not until next year when the models hit 3 years old.

the competitions handbook and rules can be downloaded here.

http://www.nationalrally.co.uk/uploads/1/2/4/4/12444453/car_competitions_judging_manual_v.2_jan_2015.pdf

Hi.

I’m toying with entering our car for the standard class, but having not been to a National Rally before I was wondering what sort of standard the other cars are likely to be. Are we talking concours condition or just in generally good condition? I don’t want to turn up and be embarrassed!

Thanks, Rich.

Rich

Standard class attracts cars of a good condition, and some that are given a good lick :wink: It’s a good year to enter as a few cars that have won before, their owners are now helping out with the judging.

There is no embarrassing of anyone, we welcome every car in the completions with open arms and at the end of the day even if you are not successful in placing 1st or 2nd, there is guidance, advice and help available from the team and you’ll be given a score sheet with areas that if you want to come again could be improved on competing again.

The judging manual is there for a look through and you can see the areas that will be judged. You’s be surprised how many great cars we see in the carpark that had they put their car in would probably be walking away with a trophy and a prize. Sure you have to be there a bit early for some extra fettling, but you are parked up slap bang in the centre of the day. You have a week to register and a couple of weeks of cleaning and polishing available! what have you got to lose in trying?

plus this year who knows if you win, you might even get an invitation from Meguairs to appear on their stand at the NEC!

How much do you know about the MX5.  Show your skills and join an experienced judging team at the National. You will be paired with an experienced judge to guide you through the judging process.

I am sure you are interested if so contact me at mal.jones@mx5oc.co.uk

The bonus is that you get into the show ground earlier. 

Hi, looking forward to the show,

I have entered the competitions on the national rally web page, when will the competors info be sent out? just asking as never received a confirmation email to say entry had been accepted only saved a screen shot of the webpage.

Hi Andrew

The closing is next Friday or when the paddock is full, information will be out to all competitors in the coming week.

Thank you for replying, much appreciated