CLUB SUPPORTED TRACK DAYS WITH DISCOUNTS 2018

As always the club is able to offer several events throughout the year at discounted prices.  Thanks again must go to Nick and Ali at MOT for assisting in making this at all possible. Below is a list of Motorsport events and details of costs for 2018:

• Oulton Park Tuesday 6th November Open pit lane track day List £149 club price £119 (Early Bird Book Price £110)
  • Brands Hatch Fully Booked Friday 7th December open pit lane track day List £149 club price £119 (Early Bird Book price £110)
Due to issues beyond our control prices have gone up a little on last year, however these events are still all good value for money.

To get your unique discount codes for the above indicated events please contact the clubs Motorsport Discount code co-ordinator Derek Higgs on derek.higgs@mx5oc.co.uk please supply your membership number, name, address and contact number. Once you have your code please book through the Mazda on Track web site using the code when asked.

As with past years the club will be there to look after everyone and be your point of contact:  this event is designed to help the novice as well as the experienced track day person. If you are new to track days I will show you around and how the system works, answer any of your questions and give you guidance on setting up your car.  As a complete novice we can supply free full face helmets, tuition is also available, bookable on the day.  At some events there is the opportunity to have a talk about the track and track driving, by a professional racing instructor. A certain amount of tooling will also be available to use to assist you in having a trouble free day. Refreshments will be supplied from one of the pit garages which will also be our base. As a novice you will be given the opportunity to have the first 20 minutes on track for novice drivers only. We the Club, will be doing everything we can to make your track day as enjoyable and as safe as possible, just remember track day driving is enjoyable and the MX5 is a joy to drive on any circuit. Why not bring your partner or friend along for a passenger ride and get them to enjoy the day as well. If you are booking Brands, the hotel at the main gate gives good deals later on in the year.

Peter McNicol

Motorsport Co-Ordinator

Hi Perter just spoken to you re sprint, I can not see any link to Courbourgh you mentioned could you add the link here. 

thanks

Mike

https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/2018/02/17/curborough-owners-club-sprint-day-5th-may/  

Very nice Red Mk1 on track :slight_smile:

Hi Peter, I have just recently joined the club but have had mx5’s for a while.

I currently have three mk1’s one of which is currently being prepped as a track car.

Does the Oulton Park day still have spaces?..I am a complete novice with regard to track days but am keen to get stuck in…so any help on the day and a sensible introduction on the day would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jerry

Hi Jerry, welcome to the Owners Club. I believe that there are still slots available for Oulton Park. Please contact Derek Higgs as per the original post for your discount code. 

The Club supports all our motorsport events and Instruction and guidance will be available on the day. You will receive an introduction e-mail prior to the event with all the information that you require from both Mazda on Track and Myself.

Regards

Peter

Thanks for the update Peter 

I will contact Derek and look forward to the track day!

Regards

I’m currently waiting for my discount code from Derek to book on to this… only three spaces remaining!

I’ll be gutted if I miss out for the sake of £30… 

Can I book on passengers and tuition on the day? I’m undecided at present.

Thanks

Tom

Hi, 

Interested in attending the Brands Hatch track day in December as a spectator, having recently bought back into the world of MX5 motoring.

So, questions are - 1) can non-competitors attend to spectate? (2) is there a charge for entrance/viewing if not competing? (3) what time do cars start circulating (4) website for more info? 

Thanks.  

track time starts at 0900 no charge to spectator. Just come along and enjoy. Call me when you arrive and I can give you directions.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I look forward to saying hello. Let’s hope the weather behaves itself! 

Hi Peter
Looking forward to Brands on Friday, this being my first track day. Couple of Qs, do I need to reserve a helmet in advance and do I need to fit a tow hook? Or point me to the FAQs site if I’ve missed it.
Thanks
Paul

Hi

yes you will be able to get a helmet on the day…YES you will need a towing pin/strap otherwise should you need to be pulled back to the pits the marshalls will attach the rope to anything they see…wipers,your head…lol

ps im happy to give passengers laps to any oc members if you come and find me, I’ll be in garage 2 or 3

paul

Hi Paul.

You will need a device to enable you to be towed should it be required. On MK3 and 4 cars these are screw in “eyes” that you should have in the boot and fit in to a threaded hole behind a little cover in the bumper. MK1 and MK2 cars, then the “lash down” eyes at the front are sufficient. If you have a car where these have been removed, such as for fitting a chrome grill, I would strongly advise refitting as if you do have an issue an require towing, firstly the marshals will hate you and then everyone in the paddock will hate you too as the extra effort required in recovery is eating up their time. 

You will need a full face helmet in an MX-5 at a MSV circuit. We can hire you one if necessary. 

LOL

Thank you rodders and NickD.

Thankfully the car, a mk2.5, has the lashing eyes. Though no plans whatsoever to put them  to the test!