Clutch advice

Hi- I am the new owner of a 1989 Eunos and was told about the club and website-what I’ve seen looks great so I thought I’d post this to see if anyone can advise. My clutch has a very low biting point but if you pump it then it is good (similar to the old Minis needing their brakes adjusted) so I adjusted the clutch - to no avail. I found out if you pump it up you get a good clutch but only lasts a short while. There was a little fluid round the slave cylinder so I went for a slave cylinder change but it is still the same-I have ordered up a Master cylinder now but wanted to know from the guys who own these cars if I am on the right track.

Many thanks and looking forward to getting the MOT sorted and on the road…

Yes the slave cylinders go and the easiest sort is just to replace the slave cylinder, refill with fluid and bleed.

Hey thnx Drumtochty - I did change the slave cyl but while this fixed the leak down there the clutch pedal is the same so hopefully the master cyl being renewed shall fix the problem - getting one next week. But thnx for taking the time to reply.