Cobalt Performance Billet Pedal Sets - MX-5 MK2

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2003 Mk2.5 1.8i
  2. I’m based near: Whaley Bridge, HIgh Peak
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Fitting Cobalt Performance Billet Pedal Sets

I would like to fit some shiny pedals (and footrest), to complement the shiny kick plates I fitted recently.

MX5Parts offer these Aluminium Pedal Cover Set, Mazda MX5 Mk2/2.5 but they are currently out of stock, and have been for a while. IL Motorsport have them in stock, but don’t deliver give details of the delivery costs to the UK :frowning: , and also require payment by SWIFT/BIC.

I just came across these Cobalt Performance Billet Pedal Sets - MX-5 MK2 from Moss, amd I wondered whether they will be as easy to fit as the MX5Parts ones.

Any advice - or suggestions for alternatives - gratefully received :slight_smile:

This must be a recent move by IL Motorsport then as I recently had a mirror from them. Got stung for a load of duty though so maybe they have stopped doing it.

My mistake - they will deliver, but don’t give details of delivery costs, even at checkout. Original post edited.

They are “listed” at MX5 parts as “30 due in less than 1 week”. (?)

They’ve been saying that (or similar) for the last few weeks :slight_smile:

Have the Cobalt pedals on my NA and still happy with it (on the car for about 6 years now) the “drilling” is a bit of a struggle but once fitted they look (and feel) great. Also have the IL pedals on my NC :equaly pleased with it ; fitting was a real pain as you have to slide them over the pedals but… with some soap-water and tons of patience it works.

As for the shopping…Brexit makes it more difficult (and a lot more expensive) to shop outside EU/UK so beware of the clearance/shipping costs from Germany. Works the other way around too (UK to Belgium…). From UK to Belgium the cost (VAT, shipping and clearance) is about 30% of the goods. No more mx5parts or other UK based suppliers for me :disappointed_relieved: .

Thanks.

Do the brake and clutch need drilling, as well as the footrest? They don’t “slip on” like the IL ones?

Indeed, all need drilling, if i would do it again, i would "paint the oem accelerator pedal black matte before adding the new ones as the “old” pedal remain a bit visible trough the holes of the new one.
It’s also easier not to use the smaller holes on the pedal as they’re very close tot the support arms leaving you almost no room to tighten the bolts from the back.

Thanks.
I think I’ll wait for Mx5Parts to get the IL Motorsports versions back in stock.

Welcome, just to let you know; on the pic they look used (well they are partly) but it’s just dirt around the black buttons…it’s my daily and no time to clean by now. They still look great (cleaned…) after three years of use. Just remember, it’s a bit of a pain to fit (handy tips on the internet ).