Coil overs for MX5 RF 2.0

Happy New Year and Lockdown!
Hello, we’ve recently swapped our 2.0 Tech Sport Mk3.5 for a new RF 2.0. All the 5’s we’ve owned previously have been lowered, and had geometry setups at WIM. The RF has standard ride height. Rather than fit the Eibach lowering springs, I thought coilovers may be more effective (admittedly more expensive). A full geometry setup is also part of the plan.

Has anyone done this, specifically on an RF 2.0, and can provide any recommendations?

Regards

Hi
The mk4 responds better to lowering springs than the mk3 ever did.
The secret with the mk4 is getting the car set right be it with lowering springs or MeisterR suspension…it is NOT a mk1 or a mk3 and geo should not be set that way

I’ve been on springs for the last 3 or so years, they’ve done their job but i found the rebound with them over rough surfaces a tad harsh when compared with the standard suspension. I also would prefer the rear to be a touch lower, i’ve got a set of MeisterR GT1s on order which i hope to receive in the next few weeks.

I’ve got a 2020 2.0 GT rf. Found the ride far too bouncy with stock springs with a large dab of understeer when pushing it round bends.
Had a set of Eibach springs fitted at mazda and a full alignment by roddingsons Sheffield. Car is so much better now, feels planted in the bends where as before it felt sloppy.
Once out of warranty and with 3 years hard use I’ll swap to the MeisterR GT1s and get the breaks upgraded as I feel that their the weak point of the set up.

Thanks very much to everyone for their input; I think Sparkee makes a valid point about warranty, perhaps the way to go in the short term is the Eibach springs and the geometry setup I already had planned.

Regards

I went a similar route, initially using the Eibach springs whilst under warranty and now switching to MeisterR GT1s, the car already has Wilwood 6 & 4 piston calipers.

Hi Sparkee
How has it effected ride quality?
Thanks
S

It’s a bit harder, however it now corners much better, the understeer that was present on the stock springs has gone.

Guys as much a I love all the meisterR products just give a little thought as to which kit will suite you best, the GT1 is very much track focused an on such a light car if you have road tyres (the suspension is designed to push the tyre into the road) it could be a little harsh…

My choice would be CRD+ or club race

Would the Aluminium with Spherical Bearing mounting of the club race not make it more harsh than the Aluminium with Rubber Bush of the gt1 and CRD+?

I ask as I simply do not know if that would make as much of a difference as I’ve read it does.

Unless you are doing track work the CRD+ will do everything you will ever need.
The secret of setting the suspension is getting the right spring rate and setting the pre load etc to what the customer requires, unfortunately many just bolt it on and get an alignment done.