Collecting a friend from Manchester Airport

Hi everyone!

I will go to Manchester Airport in October to meet a friend and was wondering about car parking, or park outside and take the train or bus in to the airport!

I can see charges are - Up to 30 mins = £6.00, Up to 1 hour = £12.00, Up to 2 hours = £20.00 and Up to 4 hours = £30.00

I know I can wait outside for a call or text message as well as monitoring the flight on the arrivals website and Flightradar 24. Not sure if drive in to pick up is allowed anymore…

Any advice welcomed!

Ofiaich

Manchester airport does have a special pick-up area (a car park area) at each terminal.

However: You will have to pay £6 for using that pick-up area. There are no free pick-up areas, I’m afraid.

(I’m still smarting after having to pay £5 yesterday to drop two people off at Manchester Airport)

Your plan to “sit and wait” somewhere safe nearby, then head into the car park when you know your people are ready sounds like a good one.

Hope that helps!

Nick

2 Likes

Thanks Nick for your quick reply.

That is helpful! I am not sure which terminal yet but plenty of time to check!

Ofiaich!

Hi Ofiaich, whenever I pick someone up or get picked up from Manchester airport, I use the nearest tram stop called Shadowmoss - Shadowmoss tram stop | Transport for Greater Manchester

It’s less than £2 and only a few minutes to travel from and to. The trams are very regular and it’s generally much easier as you can park for free and wait as long as you need.

Thanks MrDale!

That sounds good! Nice experience for my friend to ride in a tram too!
I will check the links to see about parking my MX-5!

Thanks again!
Ofiaich!

For dropping off there is a free point in one of the outer car parks, the passenger then gets the free bus to any terminal. Tried to do it in reverse but car park attendant wasn’t happy ‘it’s for taxi only waiting’

1 Like

Hi MrDale

Edited- i found photos on Google Maps and can see the ticket machine!

I have been researching Shadowmoss and how to buy a ticket to Terminal 1. I think there are ticket machines on the platform.

I can see there is an Android app but didn’t see
reviews on it.

I guess I can park in the residential area near to Shadowmoss Tram Station.

Thanks for any advice,

Ofiaich

You don’t need to buy a ticket, you can just tap your bank card on a terminal on the platform before you get on and again when you get off.

1 Like

beardy247!

Thanks very much!

Ofiaich!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.