Collecting my MX5 today

Excited to be collecting my MX5 Nd today, it will be interesting to compare with my Nb of 15yrs ago.

:dash:

17 Likes

Welcome Keith. Your ND looks identical to mine, hope you enjoy it !

2 Likes

Thanks I’m sure I will.

Enjoy and have fun

1 Like

Exciting times … Enjoy

1 Like

Looks a nice car. I haven’t regretted joining Mx5 ranks a year ago, I used to love motoring but 20 years of family econoboxes had diluted the petrol in my veins! It’s like driving fun used to be , without every weekend spent repairing ancient electrics or mechanicals, or the other weekends spent using jenolite, primer and paint!

3 Likes

Hi Keith, Congratulations! Can’t quite make out the colour, Could it be an Eternal Blue 1.5 SE-L if so that’s my recent purchase. Enjoy!

1 Like

NB to ND?
No comparisons really bar the basic old school layout.
You’ll find the ND much lighter, more responsive to small inputes, quicker, mechanically far less thrashy,more nimble in spades, and generally far more refined as it should be.
Might as well have been a different manufacturer TBH.
I say this as the current owner of both an NBFL & a Mk1 for many years…great car…but the ND is simply on another level in my opinion.

1 Like

Well my grey 1.5 sport Nav is home and safely tucked up the garage. Had a blast driving the 75mls home with the top down although nervously looking at the black cloud above me. I always had a rule with my Nb that if it was dry when I opened the door the top had to come down. I’m going to enjoy driving again.

6 Likes

Welcome Keith, lovely car which will give you much pleasure I’m sure. I too went from NB to ND 1.5 Sport Nav + in 2019. It took just one test drive to convince me. The car felt so agile and responsive I was sold on it straight away and after 18 months of ownership not a hitch. Enjoy your car.

1 Like

Lovely spec same as mine. I live the older mx5s these NDs seem to capture the spirit of them whilst being thoroughly modern. Enjoy

1 Like

Very nice, I have the Meteor Grey Icon, you will love it, I have an NB also.

1 Like

I got my ND2 back in July 2020 - Not looked back since… Enjoy!

1 Like

I sold my 1.6 NA over the weekend and will be ordering a new 2.0 ND today for delivery in March - not even driven one, but looking forward to it. I am sure there will be similarities and a lot of differences…

3 Likes

Just placed my order with the local Mazda garage - soooo excited now!!

4 Likes