Competion rules

I’ve not heard anymore since I applied to enter one of the competions. Am I not suspose to get a copy

of the scoring regs etc. No point preping the car if you deem it beyound a set of rules that I know nothing about!

I’ve alerted the competitions coordinator of your concerns.

I can’t even search for an entry from you without a name or an email address, don’t put it up on here though as you will get spam. Please PM me

Thanks all. PM sent

I have received the rules etc and I don’t understand why “Genuine Mazda Accessories do not count as modification”

This means a car that has used copied parts scores more points than a car that has genuine Mazda accessories.

It should be remembered that Mazda parts fit better, cost more and in general can be harder to obtain for MK1, MK2 and MK2.5 cars.

I have read further and found this “…with the exception that the dealer supplied or after-market components as described are acceptable modifications.”

This is a contradiction, can someone please clarify.

If you can walk out of a dealer with accesories fitted it has not been modified by it’s owner!

Most of the judging criteria is on the standard of the vehicle and way it is kept. It is not a christmas tree competition with more points for extras and money  thrown at the car

The main reason for excluding Mazda accessories was to keep cars within the lightly modified spec eg Mk2 with aerokit fuel cap and a few other mazda bits would soon be competing aganst fully modified cars

Thanks your email cleared it up.

The way the manual was written made it sound like it applied to all classes.