Completed - NEM - Slot car racing at Chesterfield on 02 May 2009

Doug Passell has kindly offered to put on a full days slot car racing at his local club near Chesterfield

The date is Saturday 02 May 2009, start time approx 1000 hrs (TBC)

We are hoping to make this a full family day, so games, food and fun for all ages

more details to follow, but can you please post below to say you will be attending and if you have any ideas for other things you would like to do on the day

suggestions so far

Auto jumble
BBQ
Car Quiz
Raffle
More details will be posted here later

The address is as follows:-

Stretton Village Hall, Stretton, Derbyshire DE55 6EW.

It’s near Clay Cross (between Alfreton and Chesterfield).

RACING STARTS AT 10am, so you need to be there 09:30 at the latest, unless Richard and Kevin want different arrangements, so watch this space.

You’ll be racing Tyco Mazda Miatas that I’m preparing and I can cope with up to 24 racers but we need a minimum of 16 attendees, racing or not, to cover the cost of the hall.

There is a charge of a fiver per person for the event but the site has good parking facilities, toilets and a kitchen with oven and microwave. Free tea and coffee will be available all day but that will be ‘pitch in and make it yourselves’. I.E. whenever anyone fancies a cuppa, brew a big pot for everyone and give them a shout

Directly across the road is a Jet Petrol Station with on-site shop where you can get newspapers, more milk, tea, coffee, sandwiches, pies and pasties, confectionery, car consumables etc. (even petrol!)

If it’s a nice day you can bring a car rug or folding chairs and have your own picnic outside the hall. There’s a large grassed area to the rear with good views across the valley.

The Hall Committee have agreed to people setting up their own BBQ’s, disposable or otherwise, as long as they are kept on the tarmac
There will be tables and seating inside too, in case of bad weather or for those who have agorophobia

I’d suggest people bring Frisbees, swingball, badminton net, etc. if you have it? Cricket bat and tennis ball - anyone know French cricket? Dominos, cards and a quiz too, maybe?

We are not far from Ogsten Reservoir, Bolsover Castle and various other historic piles, Chesterfield with its Saturday market, the M1 junctions 28 & 29, etc. and are on the main A61 between Chesterfield and Alfreton.

Any more ideas/queries, post on here asap please.

(Oh, Stretton Village Hall is DIRECTLY across the road from the Brobot JET petrol Station. The JET sign points straight at the entrance to the car park. If you pass the petrol station, you’ve missed the hall!)

Hope to see lots of you soon.