Concept 2 rowing team

Just a thought, I dont know if anyone else uses a concept 2 rowing machine.
If so would you be interested in starting an MX5 club team.
If you dont own one,consider it, or use one at your local gym, where you can log onto a machine anywhere using an app on your phone.
Best low impact cardio you can do.
I was never an athelete, ever, prior to my heart attack i was so out of shape i couldnt do a thousand metres without feeling totally exhausted, these days i do 10k four times a week,and have never been fitter in my life.

Basically all the teams rowing metres go into a total and teams compete against each other, its fun competative and a great way to stay in shape.

Id be glad to hear from anyone interested :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Just checking in, the concept 2 software links up with google fit, and the polar chest monitor.

I get my heart rate up to 120bpm, an pretty much hold it there for the session, if it goes above i slow my pace down and vice versa.

Rowing is great cardio for the over 60s.

I dont work for concept 2 or polar. Im a nurse who works on an aquired brain injury unit, most of my patients are the result of lack of oxygen causing brain damage, mostly following heart attacks.
I myself am a covid heart attack survivor, I smoked and drank too much.
Life is different now.

Hey Holly,

I have one but its consigned to the garage at the moment. Just had an op on my ankle (fusion) so no rowing for me for 3 months +. When I get back on my feet, pun intended, it would be good to get some motivation and this sounds ideal. I do need to order a new monitor though my PM5 gave up the ghost although I still have the older monitor (PM2) but it doesn’t have connectivity.

Two’s a team grumpy :+1::sunglasses:
Ill post up all the events, and enter the club in all the events listed for 23/24 season and then link us up on the concept 2 club site…

Obviously I’ll pm you the links when i have them, and we’re not going to be doing anything hugely competative, with only me rowing… But as time goes on, our metres will grow as our team gets bigger.
As you say, rowing is hugely motivational,
and team competitions can get really exciting.

First things first

1. Is it ok to use this thread to list events,
  2. no personally identifiable details will be posted.
  3. lets see if there is any interest.
  4. what shall we call the team, any ideas.

I’d give it a go. I’ve got a Model B (built to last!) set up in the shed that I use from time to time and just getting back into it at the moment. Rowing was my main sport back in the 80’s but I’m 64 now and time takes its toll on the old bod.

Marvelous , can it log your metres, im not familiar with the model b.
I think there are a fair few concept 2’s knocking about and i really do think that its worth the effort to get some regular cardio in.
:sunglasses::+1:

Concept2 stopped making the model B in 1992 but all credit to them you can still get spares for it and I’ve updated and modified mine over the years. I’ve fitted the more recent PM5 monitor so have all the logging and connectivity to HRM etc. I also run RowPro on a laptop so can set up sessions where I can row against my past rows or set schedules and see a display of the session as I row along.

How’s the team going?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.