Confused, is this a Recaro edition without the seats?

Looks like a recaro edition, but the seats are missing??? Or am going mad?

Odd, maybe the seats have been sold on at some point, wheels and trim suggest it could be unless it’s gone the other way and had them added… :thinking:

1 Like

It doesn’t appear to be one as it’s missing the Sport Recaro badge which can be seen on this photo, between the seats:

As for the alloys, they were available separately as an optional extra. If I remember correctly, they had a slightly different finish to the actual ones included with the Sport Recaro model.

1 Like

I could not see the badge nor the piano black door mirrors. But the dash and west are done in the fancy material which confused me the most and the mx5 etched on the wheels.

I also had this thought, the description says the aspects you have noticed were added as optional extras during specification.
Also, to the best of my knowledge the Recaro didn’t have that much Alcantara in the interior (door cards and dashboard); plus a quick search shows is as a Sport Nav :slight_smile:

1 Like

With how bad the side skirts been fitted i would suggest its been tinkered with to previous owners wants.

1 Like

Even more concerning is listening to Womack and Womack!!!

1 Like

It definitely has been tweaked. I have a Soul Red Sport Recaro and there are quite a few differences between this car and a real (standard) Recaro. What makes you say that the skirts are fitted badly? They have a non-standard red pinstripe on them but they don’t look wrong other than that to me.

Several Recaro owners have modified their cars (me included) and chosen to sell on the original wheels. I kept my original wheels in my garage in case myself or a future owner ever wants to return it closer to factory spec.

There’s definitely extra alcantara in this car as well, but I don’t dislike it. At 21,000 miles and clearly enthusiast owned it seems like an interesting car. I haven’t checked the MOT history or anything else, but if it’s otherwise decent and just a few cosmetic changes aren’t to the next owner’s liking, they are easy to reverse.

1 Like

Yeah its not a Recaro, it doesn’t have the badge on the centre console storage as pointed out. They are genuine Recaro wheels though (gloss finish), so its a very good copy of a Recaro bar the seats.

1 Like

To me - They look 10mm over and the back bracket is bent and the colour looks off by a few shades. You buy a car on your taste, if its modded and there the mods you want its win win, Save the down time and ÂŁÂŁÂŁ. But usually i would always look at standard and build rather than buy. Looks clean, MOT history is good and last owner had it since Oct 2017.

1 Like

Good to know I was not going mad! Lol

The option alcantara door trim was pretty expensive so don’t see many with them.

The dash trim I always found a bit odd as it leaves out the smaller bit on the right side.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.