Congratulations & thank you.

The “great selection” of stands? which rally were you at?

A VERY BIG THANKYOU to all the organisers from the MXicanS! Clapping hands in the air

What a great weekend, with lots to do for everyone. Great to see old friends and make new ones. More honorary MXicanS joined in the fun & we hope we made a few of you laugh. If not, tough. Stick Tongue Out

See you all soon…here’s a photo of our latest honorary MXican to join the ranks!

This was our first National Rally (been rebuilding my MX5 over the last 6 months!) and I have to say that we had a thoroughy enjoyable weekend, and it wasn’t even my birthday!

We can’t complain about anything, which just proves how well organised this weekend was, so our thanks goes out to everyone involved in the event - WELL DONE!!!.

Roll on Spring…

Twas fun - well, i enjoyed it even if not all seem to Wink

well done, Ken and gang and great to make friends with those scurvy Buccas Big Smile

Our first National rally and what a great time we hadBig Smile

Scared the s&*t out of myself Saturday finding out just what these cars can, (and cannot) really doThumbs up.  Definately one to tick off the list of things to do before you dieBig Smile.  Saturday night was fantastic.  Great food, great venue and very well organised.  Thanks so much for all the hard work that you must have put into everything.

Sundays rally was perfect.  Lots of things going on.  Good stall and just the right size venue.  Well done.

Like I said, that was our first and it will definately be the first of many tooBig Smile.

Noisy Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa XX DD

That wouldn’t have been the tables making all the noise while Rod Calvert was bravely trying to make his after dinner speech would it? … Must admit I didn’t see any Mexican flags on the two most offending tables at the back of the room.
Has to be said that when people were intimating that they might be a little less noisy they were paying no attention and more than a few people were quite annoyed with such ignorant behaviour - and from two of the ‘reserved’ tables as well.Perhaps if you had listened a little more you would have been less confused.
The only black mark on an otherwise fantastic weekend, thank you and well done to the Northampton group.

I don’t think it was our tables making all the noise, we could hardly make out what Rod Calvert was saying, in fact one of our members did speak to another table to ask them to be quite.

To be honest I did leave to go to the bar halfway through his speech, so i can’t comment beyond that.

Please bear with a convict exile, but who is Rod Calvert?

Hi Geoff, long time no speak!

Rod Calvert OBE is a retired car design engineer and ex director of Milbrook Proving Ground.  He had a load of meetings with Toshiko Hirai San (MD of Mazda Cars) about the development of the MX5.  His talk’s theme was “Why we no longer need a tool box in the boot”.  I found it very interesting.

Ken Stanbury.  Northampton Area Coordinator

G’day Ken, thanks for the info. Can’t remember the last time we talked, must have been a couple of years I guess, everything going well with you…haven’t escaped to NZ yetWink

Yes, in fairness we did note a few people leave which was fine, nobody is obliged to sit through a speech they are not unduly listening too. We just wish a few other people had left too if they weren’t interested so that the rest of us could hear what was going on ;-))

You should have done what one of our member’s did , have a quite word.Thumbs up

Did leave and go to the bar !! for that reason, I do tend to be a little loud at time’s and if I upset anyone i am sorry ?? unfortunately I read papers, watch the news what a sad world we live in. I work hard so when I go out I want to smile and have a good laugh and hopfully make a few people smile along the way if so we win. I hope we did not really offend anyone life to short !!! lol DD

ps next time you have a quiet word !! could you speak up I could not hear you !! xx thanks for good night xx DD

Keep singing,dancing,and smiling.Smile

Likewise from my wife and I - great day on Sunday, managed to resist spending a fortune - I was like a kid in a toyshop :-) - and I finally got round to joining the club proper :slight_smile: so now a fully paid up member at last :slight_smile: