CoolCatz Roadtrip

Well I’ve finally started my first roadtrip. Derby (East Midlands) through the Cotswolds, and on the South Devon coast to a wonderful town of Swanage.
No motorways, all A and B roads and took a bit longer than I thought around 7 hrs with a few stops. Had a great time with the hood down all the way.
If you spot me around over the next few days, give me a wave.

9 Likes

enjoy your trip 7 hours A and B roads bet you don’t know we’re the time went…

Good on ya. Enjoy your trip. Its warmer around these parts!

1 Like

:wave:

1 Like

I’m seeing a few Mx5’s today. Great weather for the roof down:-)

Day 2 Dorset

Well I couldn’t get the preloaded map to work today. I had a couple of hours at Durdle Door and just drove for ages down windy roads, and OMG managed a Ford through one village. No time to change and straight off to food at the Black Swan (beer garden where I ran around as a kid!). Its only taken 3 days to get a garden table. Steak here we come.

Day 3: Boarded the Studland Ferry (another first, I’ve not driven on a ferry before, quick 3 min crossing ha ha )and through Bournemouth and the New Forest to visit the National Motor Museum and House at Beaulieu. Fab day, although rained on the way back to Swanage, hence soggy horse pics from the car. Loved driving in the New Forest, well worth the trip.

1 Like

Hi @phil.a Ive had an absolute blast, loved every day just enjoying the country roads

Day 4. Homeward bound after a fantastic few days on some fantastic roads. I left the coast shrouded in mist, then drizzle, A/B roads Northampton M1 to Ashby, then managed the last 30 mins with the roof down. Have thoroughly enjoyed myself and loved every 653 miles.

I hope you’ve enjoyed following me on my travels.
Looking forward to some more days out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Diffrent type off driving when you don’t need to be any were miles and time don’t seem to exit…mx5 are not all about red line and arse out a nice car to cruise and enjoy the journey …if you have not done the nc 500 would recommend glad you had a good time…

1 Like

That’s a cracking road trip, well done.
Glad you had a blast and thanks for sharing your adventure.
Here’s to the next one :+1:

1 Like

You’re right @phil.a The NC 500 is definitely on my list of future roadtrips :+1: Its great when youv’e a clear road and nothing in front off you and you can push both yourself and the car a little. I must admit I’m a lot more confident around corners after the trip. There is also a 360 route around Snowdonia and Wales I’m interested in.

1 Like

Thanks @TOGs_driver. I thought I’d see a few Mx5’s on my journey and did. I got a few waves as well :smiley:. I wanted to be able to keep a record of all my trips and days out, so will be able to add future posts. I’m not sure where you are, if you’ll get chance to spot me. Yoy never know.

1 Like

We did a similar trip a few years ago, it really is a nice part of the country. We are also from Derby and lucky to have family that live between Southampton and Lymington so we stayed with them for a couple of nights.
Other holidays down that way over the years have been around Bridport and Weymouth not forgetting one near Corfe Castle. Did a long walk once almost the whole of Studland beach to Brownsea Island catching the ferry across, it was hot that day, we caught the bus back to Studland absolutely exhausted.

1 Like

Its is beautiful @MickAP, we always used to holiday in Swanage as a child, but do t recall going further than Corfe or Poole. So ot was nice to see the wider area. I did touch a few roads in the New Forest and did want to spend more time in that area, but accommodation scuppered me this time, so used Swanage as my home base and did a couple of circular day tours instead.

1 Like

We were due in Dunfermline this coming Sunday, kicking off our tour towards the NC500 with a trip to Aberdeen beforehand.
An 18 day tour that’s sadly now cancelled because of you know what. Our choice, didn’t feel it was safe this year, maybe next.
We’ve been twice before so know our way there and back :grin: but there’s so much to take in and see, fabulous country.:+1:

I’m in Lincolnshire but, the Peaks is on my list of regions to visit so I may well spot you out and about. If I do I’ll be sure to give you a wave :wave:
:blush:

1 Like