Could anybody give me a review of the bbr super 200 in your nc do you think it a good upgrade

1. My model of MX-5 is: __nc prht
  2. I’m based near: __derby
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __

Depends what you want to do with the car and how much money you are willing to spend on it.
Are you going to go to the track with it? Road use? both?

For me my NC is going to be used as a weekend/semi daily car. I decided I’m going to keep it indefinitely so I started making sure mine is not going to rust (thankfully no rust issues) underseal will be done next month. I don’t think power is the only thing you need to be looking at. You need to look at the whole package. Personally I started upgrading the brakes with Brembo brake disks and pads, callipers were fine but I changed the lines with braided hoses. My car is the sport model so it came with the bilstein suspension and black springs and for me its ok at the moment. If I want to change that I need to budget around 2K+.
So for my car I went with the 185 super because I don’t really want to stress the engine that much and primarily I wanted my car to sound great (which now it does). So technically I cant really answer your question but what I can say is that I am more than happy with 187bhp at the wheel - and If I really want to, I can buy the cams at a later date. Note that the mechanical work/upgrades including full service at BBR and parts cost me around £3700 - so it ant cheap.

Anyway this is how my car sounds like…

1 Like

Forgot to say there are plenty reviews online on BBR stuff if you google it. I’m certain there is at least the bbr super 200 on pistonheads

Hello
I really like my car but because of a dodgy left leg mine is the auto so I am down on power compared to the manual and I am hoping to pep it up a bit. My last toy was 2003 boxster 2.7 automatic so unless I really go mad and turbo it it’s always be down power wise compared to that. I test drove the Mazda by pure chance and was very surprised how much fun it was plus I have always been a Mazda fan having 5 Mazda 626s years ago and was always very happy with them always very reliable. The boxster was the slowest of its range at 228 bhp so my thoughts was nearly 200 bhp pus minus weight would make them similar but the price to find out does sting a bit. The rev limit on the auto is down on the manual so that reduces the final bhp a tad but I heave read in manual gear selection it’s only just down a bit. I will be doing the exhaust not sure how much yet but going the super 200 would be part of the upgrade. The cost of £5000 is a bit sobering and the fact my car won’t be track use and the amount of speed traps and cars sent out there to slow you down I might be more tempted to change the interior to tan leather at least you can see it and do the exhaust for a bit of sound. I really must stop spending money on my toys my other toys a can am spyder rt trike and even as a trike it will leave my car in its dust lol so that’s my speed fix in a straight line but the cars for the corners.

Many thanks for your reply.

Mick

Mick

Had a 200. Now have a 300, which is amazing. I’d like to have the 200 back. Enough of a review?