Covidiot experience

Thanks Rob.
I don’t think people realise just how hard and brutal life was in places like that. You had to be as tough as old boots just to survive. Good talking to you mate! Take care of yourself and your loved ones!
Roger

1 Like

Not quite seeing what your problem is! :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s really starting to get to SWMBO.
TBH, I’ve watched it developing over a few days now.
Normally, she is very stoic, but it seems everyone has their limits.
I’m not sure how to deal with this right now.
She is standing looking through our living room windows, missing our son, in floods of tears. and wondering when this is all going to end.
It’s getting serious.

Do you think I should let her back in?

5 Likes

:rofl:

Brave man…

1 Like

I was going along with this until I got to the punchline :rofl: Having said that, Mrs B has been struggling a bit. The grandkids are normally at ours twice a week for dinner. All stopped now obviously, Our first big holiday this year in America cancelled, NC500 cancelled, Stateside road trip plus Alaskan cruise cancelled. She loves her hols so missing that this year. Probably be able to get a 30AE for what we’ll save! That won’t happen though :pleading_face:
Barrie

2 Likes

DO IT BAZ !!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Probably seen in the news, 25 approx in a house having a party and karaoke. The police were called to break it up and told them to go back to their homes. The folks who house it is were just warned, not charged.
Sadly these irresponsible t---- live around 4 miles from me, disgraceful :worried:

2 Likes

Bring in martial law they will not like that

2 Likes

Hi Mick, similar thing in Bradford, reported in Telegraph & Argus! :rage::rage:
Barrie

There were a couple of 4 toothed, single-cell dog breathed morons refusing to comply with our local Tesco people-management this morning, which is working very well.
Suffice to say, a couple of the guys from the local Falkirk Rugby club wearing HiViz, and with Tesco on a temporary basis, persuaded them (cough) and all was well.
Given their necks are joined onto their shoulders and have more beef than a Spanish fighting bull, the twats gave in eventually to a round of applause. They left empty handed.

5 Likes

Brilliant! :+1::+1:
Wish I could have witnessed this!
Barrie

3 Likes

Barrie,
Had it not been for youngsters around, I’d have video’d it.
These guys know my son who played with them years back.
Kids though…major No no of course.

2 Likes

Robin, your posts over the last few days have brought both tears of sorrow and tears of joy to us. Does us all good to share our thoughts and feelings. Stay safe everyone.

6 Likes

Sorry if I actually caused any upset to anyone.
Just telling a bit of historic plague history as it happened as far as my personal experiences went. Many thanks to you all.
Make no mistake everyone. For the UK this thing is just getting it’s second wind and going for a 4 minute mile.
Do all you can every day to outsmart & avoid those who seem to be either of no concern, or cannot spell “Isolation”.
Karma will have them one day, hopefully before they take out too many others.
If that sounds a bit right wing, believe me, the inside track tic-tac this house is getting from involved professionals outside the NHS would turn your hair 50 shades of grey.
The NHS mass care buildings are not being equipped & manned for good political optics.

3 Likes

Yes, quite blown away with what has been done in the Excel centre and massively scary that it is anticipated that it and the others around the country will be required. Anyone who’s not getting the message… :angry::angry::angry::triumph::angry::angry::angry:

3 Likes

Had the first fatality in our little community (7 properties, 19 persons). Elderly chap 86 yoa came back from holiday in Cyprus a couple of weeks ago and went into intensive care just over a week later. His wife is seriously ill and still in intensive care. Really brings it home when it’s that close to home!

3 Likes

Well for me and I guess for most of us that’s the first loss that anyone I know knows.

It’s not just figures on the news and not just in the big cities either.

Your little community can’t even come together to share your grief Roger.

:cry:

2 Likes

Stay safe Roger!
Barrie

1 Like

Is that a Mk4 Recaro? Not Covidiots surely?

A bit of a heavy-handed approach in my opinion, assuming the required degrees of separation are being respected.

I’m wont get into that one too deeply. I hope nobody else in the OC does either in the interests of the owners’ PerSec.
It’s a moot point how entitled or wrong they were.
Only two days past, local to me, a bunch of hill walkers from a club filled a small car park with around 6 vehicles, two persons to each I believe, and told Police who had followed them they thought it was OK to do their usual thing if they kept well apart? Right? Wrong? Seems to depend where in the UK you are. They were deemed to have made an bad-judgement lifestyle journey and were dispersed .

However, there are rafts of reasons why unrequired car jaunts are judged by Government edicts at the moment to be in poor judgement, if not legally enforceable.
Whatever that couple in the ND brought them to their opinion they were an exception to the current situation is a matter for them to reflect upon.

It’s nothing new, if a bit Orwellian for some people insofar inner cities especially already track us all with blanket CCTV, which when it suits us are excellent for crime fighting.
We are watched from above more than some care to think.
But…the big but…Stirlingshire Police are doing similar, and in these surreal and oppressive days I have to agree.

Both our 5’s are due for re-taxed in the very near future, and both are getting SORN’d.
We live a mere gallon away from the famous Trossachs, but it makes no difference, the rationales being if we had an accident, or even just broke down or had puncture then for now, you potentially become at the very least a hazard, or at worst requiring emergency services…and then you can end up in an A&E or worse where, let’s face it, you really don’t want to be going there at the best of times.

I do not like it. In fact, I detest it all. But I’d rather keep myself out the papers and focus on remaining free by flying under the radar stealth-loike to support & generally look after me lovely 'ol Doris.

2 Likes