Crank shaft sensor update on no spark

Hi all

I had an issue with no spark.
I Changed fuel pump-cas- checked various leads etc.
Found it to be the Crank shaft sensor (after a lot of digging around the internet)

Replaced Crank Sensor ----- still not starting…then eventually sorced the reason (after an awful lot of fix it videos’) FFS

The simple fix is once fitted new sensor DO NOT FORGET TO FIX IT IN PLACE CLOSE TO THE NOGGINGS ON THE PULLEY AND MEASURE THE GAP (MINE SET AT 0.15) LOW AND BEHOLD IT STARTED!!!

like the old days when setting points in a distributor cap…

not well published…

any question please ask…
I found this out by trawling internet

good luck

Hi Stuart

It should be well documented as there have been a number of issues on this forum where the crank sensor has been at fault. The MK2.5 car with OBDII for example regularly does not present an error code for the Crank sensor. Hear less about this with the MK2 although the sensor and associated functionality is the same.
From my experience the ecu/immobiliser is often blamed where this sensor is the problem.
The sensor does of course have a trigger and in this case it is a plate on the crank pulley with four nipples, for want of a better word, that actuate the sensor on and off. Quite a lot of tolerance in the pickup between the sensor and nipples but the fact that the sensor mount allows adjustment gives this away. Also be aware that the trigger plate can suffer damage/corrosion to the point that a good sensor will not work with it.