Curborough - May 30th - reserve list now open

Curborough Club afternoon
30th May 2009
Cost maintained at £30, same as last year

Our club afternoons at Curborough are relaxed and fun, with an informal atmosphere and lots of encouragement to novices. The short sprint track is surprisingly challenging but benign enough for even the most inexperienced track driver to enjoy and learn on. . The more experienced drivers can useg the opportunity to develop their skill and style (!!!) in a familiar environment. Curborough has become something of an annual get-together, with spectators welcome, a friendly and encouraging atmosphere and a chance to catch up with friends and acquaintances. The cafe will be open, the sun normally shines and a good time is generally had by all.

The fun starts at noon and will run until 5 pm, with everyone getting plenty of runs on track. Helmets will be required but the club has some available that can be borrowed.

To book, e-mail me at motorsport-bookings @ mx5oc.co.uk (remove the spaces from the e-mail address) with the number of places you would like and the names of all participants. Places are booking up quickly from people on the mailing list so don’t delay.

If you would like to be on the mailing list and receive the first notification of events and news send an e-mail to motorsport @ mx5oc.co.uk (remove the spaces) from the e-mail address that you would like to use for the mailings.

Hooray!

Would have loved to come to this one but shall be on a slightly longer track in Germany with Nick and Co.

Shame of it…

Phil…

How much is it to park up and just watch?

Now why would you want to do that …

I’ll look out for you on the web cam.

Absolutely nothing. Spectators welcome. Probably best to arrive at about 1pm - we should be up and running by then.

Matt Crosley, I have your e-mail and tried to reply but my messages were returned. Could you contact me with a different e-mail address please?

Thanks

Didn’t know they had a webcam! Shall search for that one.

Hopefully I shall not be part of anything buried in the side of the road!!

Would still like to have come to Curborough, great little track.

Cheers Ian 

http://www.8200rpm.com/webcam/

The “live” feed used to be the entrance area of the 'ring, but they seem to have changed it to the F1 circuit. There is still the archive, though.

Thanks Ian.

By the way … found this video link of Curborough with scary microlight flight.

For those with vertigo, look away now.

http://www.curborough.co.uk/curbvideo.htm

Are many going to this event as I wondered if it would be worth visiting from a spectators point of view as I’m about 120 miles North of Curborough?

Usually a small band of people but why spectate? It is great fun and a small venue which is quite easy to and enjoy. Will be going to the one later in the year all being well.

Not for everyone though; your insurance doesn’t cover you on the track, and we have had at least one incident in the past…

Unfortunately, I won’t be there in a MX5 for the first time in years.

Deffinately the risk of driving on the track and goes with the teritory I’m afraid and yes have wirnessed incidents too.

However even if you don’t want to drive it is a great little venue easy to spectate and chat to people.

Hi

I’m just trying to get myself organised for tomorrow’s track day (I’m only spectating) and was wondering what time members are planning on getting there?

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Clive will be opening up at about noon, with driving starting about half an hour later.

Ian

Just got back from Curborough - what a cracking afternoon. Must have been 75 or so 5’s spectating or taking part.

[Y]

Oh yeah baby, never miss it. Some great action this year, superb weather and ice creams to boot. Can’t go wrong. [:D]

Thank you to the organisation crew.