Dash Restoration

Hi all, noob here, first post.

Have a 1990 Eunos Roadster with tan interior and black over-dash, (the area between the fascia and the windscreen).  The over-dash is scratched and dull, and I want to restore it.  Anyone know what the material is?  I suspect it’s a vinyl coated hardboard, or something like that, but if I’m wrong then I’ll probably mess it up using the wrong dyes.

Does anyone know what it is?

Any recommendations on dyes to re-stain it, and to polish it up to a nice (not necessarily glossy) finish?

Cheers in advance.

Hiya, there’s plenty of info out there if you google search dash resto for the mk1’s.

This one may be of some interest to you?

https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst16991_dash-refurb–sort-of–opinions-please.aspx

Its a different option 

Barrie

I currently have a Plastikote Matt Black patch on the stock finish, I can take a photo if you want to see directly how they compare. The colour is a very close match but the Plastikote is a bit glossier, it’s not bad but unless there’s a way to reduce the sheen I would look for alternatives first.

Does anybody have suggestions for what could be used as a filler for chips and scratches in the leather before painting?

Woah, I like the black but that tan looks incredible! Was that underneath the old black paint, or did you paint it tan?  Did you finish it with anything?