***DATE CHANGE - see Post #17*** Ref:Technical Visit to Wheel Alignment Solutions - Sunday 15th October 2023

Is your MX5 pulling in one direction when braking or is your tyre wear uneven?

If the answer to any of the above is yes, then here is the solution for your MX5, so it will drive like it is on rails afterwards

On Sunday 15th October we will be visiting Wheel Alignment Solutions, where Darren & Russell will conduct 3D Wheel Alignments, using the SUPERTRACKER™ System.

Darren worked at SUPERTRACKER for some years, along with Nick the previous owner of the business and knows the system inside out and understands car steering & geometry. They both had considerable input into the design of the system, so Darren knows his subject and the results are absolutely incredible :slightly_smiling_face:

Last year, 2022, Darren said the cost could be a cash only event, at £50/car, unless they come up against a problematic alignment requiring more attention, then it will be their usual rate of £70/car, which is their normal charge for a 4-wheel alignment.

Once done your MX5 will drive like it is on rails and you will definitely notice the difference :+1:

Darren has just confimed that the cost will be the same (£50) as in 2022, so we a good to go :+1:

I am running a list, given below, to track numbers, so if you wish for your MX5 to be tracked by an expert in the field, then please reply to this forum post only and I will add you to the list.

Please note, the list below, will be the running order of the day, so if you have a burning need to be away early let me know and I will do my best to accomodate you.

Finally, last year there were some cars that were very difficult to adjust and required lots of effort by Darren and Russell, applying copious amounts of penetrating oil and heating nuts and bolts with a welding torch to free them off without shearing them off, which burnt up a lot of time and meant it became a long day for everyone. So, if you are coming along, please take time to give your MX5 front track rod alignment nuts and front+rear castor adjustment bolts a good couple of doses of penetrating oil between now and then to ensure that your MX5 can actually be done on the day :wink:

Best Regards

Mal

List of Attendees/Can make new date

1. Phillip Katz / Yes to 12th Nov
  2. Elliot Redding / Yes to 12th Nov
  3. Gregg Walker / Yes to 12th Nov
  4. Steve (Whitebeard) / Yes to 12th Nov
  5. Colin (SCORPS) / Yes to 12th Nov
  6. Jane Heyer / Yes to 12th Nov
  7. Tim Dalby / Yes to 12th Nov
  8. Mal Rowland / Yes to 12th Nov
  9. Ash Chance (Observer)

Hi Mal. Could you book me in please. Thanks, Colin.

Hi Mal

Many thanks for organising this.

Can you please add me in?

Philip

Hi Philip, Good to hear from you and I have duly added you to the list :+1:

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,

Would you include me too, please?

Best,
Greg

Hi Greg,
Yes, it would be good to have you along and I will duly add you to the list.
Best Regards
Mal

Hi Mal

Can you put me down for this please

Steve Payne

is this just for solent members ?

Hi Steve,

Yes, no problems, you are on the list :wink:

Regards

Mal

Hi Colin,

You are most welcome to join us for this event. I will add you to the list :wink:

Regards

Mal

Yes please Mal.

Hi Mal
Please add me to the list
Tim

Hi Mal
Sorry that’s this weekend the car is in Brackley at BBR so not able to make it.
Have a good day
Tim

Mal
I will come along on Sunday just as an observer
Thanks
Ash

Hi Ash,

No worries, you are very welcome to come along and see what goes on.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Everyone,

We are now reaching double mumbers for this event, so its going well but we still have room for more cars to be checked and tracked, as desired :+1:

I say desired, as Darren & Russell can set your MX5 up for your particular style of driving, i.e. twisty lanes or Motorway Driving.

Also, for cars that are a few years old, be sure to spray WD40 or equivalent on the lock-nuts on both the track rod arms and camber angle adjusting bolts and nuts on both the rear arms to make things easier on the day.

Darren & Russell have asked if we can gather there at 09:30, hence no time for a pre-drive, but they are both kindly giving up their Sunday morning to host us and said they can get a few cars through and set them up and should be by 12:30 or soon after.
NB: Any changes to these timings will be updated on this thread, so be sure to check back for any updates.

For anyone interested, I will swing by Sainsburys, Hedge End about 0830 on route, to rendevous with those that wish to follow me down to Milbrook. We will depart Sainsburys at 09:00 prompt!

For info, for those wishing to drive straight there, the address is; The Wheel Alignment Centre, Southampton, 20 City Industrial Park Southampton Road, Southampton SO15 1HA.

The Wheel Alignment Centre is situted very close to IKEA off of West Quay Road and on the South side, nearest the docks.

Regards

Mal

Ours needs doing but cant make it Sunday unfortunately

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry to say that Darren contacted me just now and said that his ex-wife has broken her leg and he now needs to take his son to football tournament.

Darren apoligises but he doesn’t wish to dissapoint his son, by not being able to take him to compete in the tournament, which is totally understandable.

To this end this Sunday’s visit to Wheel Alignment Solutions has been cancelled and moved right to Sunday 12th November.

Hopefully, all those that signed up for this event will still be able to go along on the 12th November and maybe some that could not make this coming sunday, will now be able to join us :crossed_fingers:

If members could confirm attendance by replying to this thread to let me know they can still make the new date, or if anyone that could not make the original date wishes to join us on the 12th November I will capture this info in Post#1 :+1:

Best Regards

Mal

Sorry Mal, can’t make the 12th November, still in Wales escaping Guy Fawkes and Diwali.

Hi Mal I can do 12th Nov.
Jane