David Crosby

As mentioned by JOPA21 on another thread, it is very sad to learn of the recent death of David Crosby.

Always one of my favourite musicians, he lived a rather high-mileage lifestyle, and it is probably safe to say that he was one of the great survivors of his era - many wondering how he managed to live as long as he did. 81 was pretty good going considering what he put his body through over the years.

One of the true icons of the Woodstock generation, he left us with some fabulous music, and he will be sorely missed.

R.I.P. Mr. David Crosby.

3 Likes

Indeed - there are two excellent podcasts about him I have listened to recently - one on BBC Sounds - John Wilson’s Mastertapes and the other on the Rockonteurs pod . A very articulate and fascinating man and such a shame he and Graham Nash never made up their rift before David died .

Thanks for the info concerning the podcasts John - must check them out.

Yes, the individual members of CSN (and Y too actually), did tend to have the odd break up over the decades, and it was a shame they did not have the time to make good their latest riff this time around.

My wife and I listened to “If I Could Only Remember My Name” over dinner last night, as well as the debut CSN album from 1969 - great memories.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.