David's Mid Week Run 10th August - Krazy Cafe & Anglesey Abbey Gardens

Meet 9.00am B&Q (South) car park NR4 6FB, departing 9.15am - note this is a tad earlier than usual.

Anglesey Abbey CB25 9EJ Tel; 01223 810080

This will be one of our longest mid-week drive to date and it takes us south west, initially 1hr 10mins run to Bury and a breakfast at Krazy Horse café (IP32 6NU) and glimpse at the mighty bikes and around the corner are Caterhams & Morgans. Shades required as the gleam off the chrome is awesome. An hour or so later we head west via A14 and then Newmarket where there are more horses than in an MX5 to reach Anglesey Abbey Garden ( CB25 9EJ ). Depending on traffic in Newmarket this leg should take just over half an hour. At Anglesey Abbey we can enjoy the mix of formal borders, informal plantings and parkland. Plenty of space for a walk and go inside a working watermill. At least that’s the plan but currently the mill is closed for repairs. Anglesey Abbey entry is a reduced £10 as both House and Mill are closed or free to Nat Trust members. There is a cafe at the gardens.

Slight change to Return route. Drive remains about 1hr 30mins but to Thickthorn junction on Southern Bypass via Wymondham and Hethersett, but members will peel of for home as appropriate. Change due to road closure at Burford. Route is to the north of the A11, no dual carriageway or single lane working for us.

1. David
  2. Laurie
  3. Richard
  4. Kevin
  5. John
  6. Peter and Jan

It sounds brilliant thanks. I must make sure the camera battery is completely charged for snapping the two-wheeled exotica of Krazy Horse and to make sure I’m hungry enough for their all day breakfasts.
Laurie
p.s. I can feel the weight piling on just thinking about the food!!

Laurie, as ever the ‘early bird’. Should be a good ‘long’ day; breakfast, bikes, cars & garden with a tad more driving than usual. I am in the throws of getting a new pc (tower), first new one is being returned after wasting over week trying to sort it out. So another must be found - oh joy.
David

Hi David,

Sorry for delay in responding. Would love to join you for this one and will do my utmost to be at the right B&Q in good time.

Richard W.

Hi David
I have managed to get the day off work so would love to join you for this run if its OK.

Thanks

Kevin

Richard,
Thought you’d disappeared to Bognor Regis, super that you are joining what looks to be a select band.
David

Kevin,
We’ll I suppose another brown car it will have to be, at least Richard’s MX5 will be in good company. You are very welcome.
David

Hi David
Could you please add John Mellor to the list, he is a member but is away at the moment so asked if I could put his name down.

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin,
Will do.
David

Hi David just to let you know Gella and I wont be joining you for the mid week run this time. We are very concerned with all this hot weather and living right next to tinder dry fields of leaving the bungalow unattended. Hopefully see you next month.

Mick and Gella,
We’ll miss you two regulars but concerned that you feel vulnerable to threat of wild fires. I watched an interview with a woman, who had moved from England, who thought she lived in an idyllic forested area in France until ‘the fires’ swept through. Temperatures here are dropping but we do need that wet stuff to fallout of the sky. See you soon.
David

Hi David
We would love to come on this one Please add me and my wife Jan to your list.
Peter M

Peter and Jan,
Gladly add you to the run. See you Wednesday.
David

Another fantastic day out. Many thanks David. So glad you joined our club!

Richard W.

1 Like

Many thanks for organising another great drive out David, I particularly liked the stretch of road just before Bury when you foot got stuck on the accelerator. Great day out and very much appreciated.
Superb breakfast at Krazy Horse and what an amazing selection of bikes, Morgan side was also very impressive, last time I saw that many Morgans was at the factory in Malvern.
Thanks
Kevin

Kevin,
Super cars and super photos. Our Richard is beheaded in the one of the Morgan coupe … 1 of only 30 made …. cars not Richard. Glad you and John joined us. David

My apologies for the beheading of Richard but I was trying to get the car in and he just jumped into the shot. That car was something special but a little on the pricey side at £190k, i mean lets face it you could buy a Porsche for that money lol. Really enjoyed the run and appreciate all the effort that you put into this, only wish I could do more of them.
Thanks
Kevin

Thanks David for creating this absolutely brilliant run; plenty of bends and fast straights on the minor roads when out of the urban areas. As you know, I’m a sucker for chrome and so couldn’t resist a few pics of the two-wheeled exotica when at Krazy Horse. The showroom was full of fully-painted models unlike our last visit of thre years ago. However there were a couple of bikes waiting to go into the workshop for some symphatic TLC that made me drool.

Laurie