Dean S550 Build Thread

More bits turned up - got a few days off coming up and I know what I’ll be doing.

Ever since I wanted an nc I had a vision of what I wanted it to look like and once these bits are done I’ll be pretty happy.

3 Likes

Top job! :sunglasses:

Coilovers, roll bars and links all on and adjusted. Very happy with how she sits, just waiting on some decent weather now to take her out for a shakedown and tweak.

I’ll definitely be keeping the stock wheels as spares because though I always wanted the car with the new wheels I’ve chosen, the originals actually look very good on the car for standard wheels.

4 Likes

More progress to add here that I’ve put up already.

Brakes replaced and refurbed, pistons nice and free. Slider pins, anti rattle shims etc and grease replaced. Hub surfaces cleaned up and a light satin black dusting to protect. Also painted backing plates and now fitted wheels.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Damper adjustment extensions fitted to rear so all trim back in.

4 Likes

Installed genuine mazda front lip - thanks again mx5 parts.

Side skirts next?

They don’t do any suitable add ons that match. I’ve seen that some people use mk1 add ons but they’re not a perfect fit.

You don’t like the Mazda ones?

The mazda speed ones?

No the NC2/3 optional skirt would be good.

The Mazdaspeed skirts only suits if you have the full bodykit.

I’d love to see them if you know what the part number is

These are the only ones I’ve seen.

Part number was N179V4910, may be different in UK

1 Like

Thanks. It looks like those are entire skirts then someone has added the extension. I’d prefer not to have to paint anything, and though I’d love to add extensions that match if I can’t find any I’m happy to leave it as is :+1:

Are the remote adjusters standard with the Tein’s or an extra ?

I got them from oranjje performance, they were about 28 pounds.

Just ordered some as well Dean :+1:

Thanks for being the guinea pig :wink:

The car is looking fantastic!
Have you changed the aerial again, it looks stubbier (is that a word?)?
How do you find the reception compared to the long stock aerial?

1 Like