Different performance combinations

so just looking at what is out there, so is it worth following the kit route or to try another combination like cam and 4 to 1 ? Or throttle bodies and 4 to 1 etc… 

Honestly top speed isn’t my main goal just quick in gear times so more torque orientated mods would be favoured 

Well, I have a reconditioned 4.3:1 differential in my garage from a '95 R-Ltd. That’ll give you better torque and acceleration at the small expense of top speed.

Ken Stanbury. Northamptonshire Area

MK? Engine?

More info needed

Doesn’t really matter it’s an engine question

You can mess about and spend lots of money for a few more torques  (although I doubt throttle bodies will give you any) so it very much depends where you want to be.

Just looking a little more in depth into it, I have an NC mk1 so rpm is limited to 7200. The torque profiles on the 200 vs 180 are interesting, I think I may head towards the 180 kit, purely because the torque curves look similar around 4500-6000rpm. I will confirm this with bbr though. I don’t have a performance exhaust on the car at all so to maximise the 200 kit I would have to put another £900 in … So that equates to an £1100 difference for little torque gain and an unaccessible power hike at 7450rpm. Mine is also a 5 speed box, I selected my car very carefully at the time. I liked the ratios, the box felt uncramped, the 16" 50 aspect ratio tyres allowed the car to stay in contact with the road and the minimal options kept the weight down, allowing me to become overweight ??