Digital Aerial

Just wanted to recommend the Eightwood Screen Mounted Aerial, to anyone who was thinking of taking the plunge into DAB. I’ve always read quite negative reviews on aftermarket DAB aerials, so I thought a positive review might make a nice change.
My previous screen mounted aerial was an unbranded one, purchased from Dynamic Sounds, when I bought the double din fitting kit. Reception was always frustratingly poor, but I assumed this was just standard for screen mounted digital aerials.
When my screen was replaced recently, the adhesive on the old aerial didn’t want to attach to the new screen. So, after a bit of research, I splashed out on an £11 Eightwood one from Amazon. At £11, I had very low expectations, but ■■■, the difference from my old one is amazing. 5 x the channels and the signal hasn’t dropped once on my first 20 mile road test. Thoroughly recommended.

2 Likes

Good to hear as I have installed the “Eightwood DAB Aerial Car Aerial SMB Male Adapter Digital AM/FM Anlog Radio Aerial Glass Mount 300cm” from Amazon as recommended by Dean in my earlier post “DAB Aerial Location query”. Very good solution for the Mk 3 without Bose and the dash speaker grill.
However jury still out re reception as I need to go on a long journey. Not sure if the reception is the best as only getting two bars out of 4 showing on the Sony Head Unit when on the drive.

Doing some research on this myself, prior to installing a Sony headunit shortly.

Is there a reason the existing aerial can’t be used, by installing a splitter? Or is it not capable of picking up a DAB signal?

Sadly you can’t use the existing aerial with a splitter. There is an amplifier at the base of the aerial that is tuned for the FM band and does not pass DAB signals.
When I had my mk3 PRHT I didn’t fancy something stuck on the windscreen so I bought a little DAB aerial with a magnetic base from Halfords and stuck it behind the passenger seat. Worked surprisingly well I thought.
D.

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated :+1:

Where did it stuck to?

Can’t remember to be honest. Sorry.

No problem mate. Thanks for replying.