Discrete Mud Flaps / Stone Guards

I bought these from a U.S. supplier. They were about £77 delivered with no customs or VAT added. Took about 3 weeks to get here.

Link to Mud Flaps

The picture above is for the ND without the rear cosmetic skirt, there is extra tape on the ones to fit my ND2

The front flaps fit with the existing plastic connectors, the bottom one being exchanged for a longer type (supplied with the flaps)

The rear flaps are suck in place with 3M heavy duty tape BUT I have not fitted these yet as the outside temperature is a little low and it needs warmer weather to cure the adhesive, so these will be fitted in a few weeks (hopefully it will get warmer!)

The front flaps took less than 5 minutes to fit - you DO need a trim removal tool if you value your finger nails or skin. My cheapie plastic ones from Amazon (<£5) worked well.

To install, turn the wheels to point right to fit the right hand flap and left to fit the left one. That’s about as technical as it gets.

Before

After

Some pics of the flaps in place - hardly noticeable once in place and unless looking, I doubt if you would notice them.

As mentioned, the rears will be fitted when the weather gets better. I may insert a fixing as well, do I trust 3M tape that much??

Yes, the drive needs weeding and that’s on the list to do.

Rears will look like this . . . .

2 Likes

I bought the front ones last year and it seems you now have to get both front and rear. Happy to say the front ones do help keep the bottom of the car cleaner than usual :+1:

@Jeff_jthspace: It appears you’ve installed your front ones on the opposite side as the flipped edge should be pointing towards the rear :zipper_mouth_face:

:dizzy_face: going out there now!

Fitted some myself but didn’t want to pay for a full set of four when I only wanted fronts so ordered these for £30 made a card template and cut to size, reused the existing holes and clips for the wheelarch liner. In retrospect I should’ve made them stick out a bit more as they only protect the door and not sill but still better than it was and they’re discrete (my commute is VERY muddy!)

3 Likes