Do you think these tyres would pass an MOT?

Hey all,

I have my MOT in two weeks and my rear tyres aren’t looking in the best of shape on the inner shoulder.
https://m.imgur.com/a/49rZc
I have attached the images via imgur.
Do you think these will pass or fail?
Also would it be worth mentioning that im looking at buying new tyres if they do fail? (MOT is a week before it expires)

Thanks

They will pass an MOT but…

What has caused that wear? - needs to be sorted out.

Shame you live so far away I’ve got a set of 3 Kuhmos and a budget spare that I took off my mk3 with lots of tread, I just found them too noisy to tour on.

Check your tyre pressures, and try swapping the tyres over on the same axle. You certainly need to get a wheel alignment done to find out what the cause is and possibly a geometry check too if you can find some one who can do it.

Can’t do that for directional treads, if you mean swapping the wheels, rather than unmounting the tyres.

If you get your car laser aligned it would be interesting to see if it was too much negative camber or the toe in, toe out that was incorrect.

They are not directional.

I would suspect toe out on that left corner. 

Yes agree - looked at photos again progressive wear towards inside of both tyres = classic toe out.

tracking adjustment should sort it and then probably a good idea to move those tyres to the rear axle, assuming the ones on the rear have a better profile. 

Those tyres are already on the rear axle ??