Done, done, done!

Well i am now officially unemployed and i am ready for it, no more of working in wind,rain,ice and snow.
This was my LAST job, a MAFI blowing 160A fuses every time the ignition key turned to start position, dead short in starter motor that won’t be available until Monday.
Ha, not my problem!
![image|666x500](upload://8F8Wg9HEUDI4a8FfndiChd2qyEY.
What to do now apart from get drunk tonight?

10 Likes

Redundant or retired ?

1 Like

In effect both, I have taken voluntary redundancy fourteen months early and i am lucky enough to be able to retire.
And with my first Grand child on the way…happy days.

4 Likes

Congratulations on your decision, money is not that important but your health is. Just enjoy every moment just doing what YOU want.
:heart:

3 Likes

At last you can put the IMPORTANT things first (Family) rather than the NECESSARY ones (Income).

2 Likes

congratulation , :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Well done Dave! I knew it was close but you saved me the job of trawling back through your posts so I could work out exactly when! :hugs::hugs: Happy retirement mate!!
Barrie

1 Like

Hope you enjoy many happy years of a well earned retirement

1 Like

I took early retirement in 2012 age 58. I did 41 years service with the same engineering company and enjoyed it all. But you can’t beat retirement, do what you want when you want.

You will not regret it!

2 Likes

Both Jayne and I retired early at 58 and haven’t regretted it for one moment. Not once have either of us missed work. Indeed the last 6 months we have thanked our lucky stars we haven’t had to worry about work. As far as we are concerned life began in July 2017.

Congratulations and enjoy your retirement.

2 Likes

Enjoy your retirement, if you do miss working on trucks and want a project I know a guy selling a Scania 142 needing full restoration :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve just handed in my notice I’m 54 and financially secure so after 37 years at work I’m going to have a go at retirement😀 enjoy your retirement.

2 Likes

I have now managed to empty and clean my van out, 48 years worth of tools and i’ve even found tools that i didn’t know i had, all i need to do now is get the van back to them tomorrow and then job done.
The main problem now is how the heck am i going to get the car out of the garage despite having unloaded the bulk of my tools in my Son’s garage.
What to do with 1" drive socket sets, 55mm combi spanners, 48" stiltsons and everything in between down to 2ba and 4ba stuff, i must have counted at least 14 different sized socket sets, possibly more.
That is a problem for another day, what i need to do now is get my head out of work mode and get on with life.
Dave.

6 Likes

Best wishes for a long and happy motoring retirement Dave.

Money doesn’t matter, provided you don’t run out. I found the hardest thing was parting with it - after a lifetime of spending less than you earn, it can be hard habit to break when you’ve reach the stage you saved it for! My wife is helping me with this problem.

5 Likes

Well done Dave, have a long and happy retirement, once settled into it you’ll wonder how you ever found time to work !
It’ll also give you more time to fettle on your 5 !
All the best.

1 Like

Congratulations you’ve earned it​:+1::clinking_glasses:

I did similar and finished early 7 years ago, started dragging my state pension this year. My work mates thought how will you get on, well I’m still here, still got a roof over my head and food in my belly. Most importantly I can still afford to run the MX-5 as well.:grin:
A few mates have followed my lead since and said it’s the best decision they have made.

Enjoy👍

4 Likes

Well i thought i was Done, done, done.
After three months of retirement i’ve had new windows fitted, repainted the outside of my house, decorated five rooms and half way through my living room (five more to do).
Sorted a neighbours car out, (no start and wipers not working).
Bought a second MX5 which is in bits in my Son’s garage and on hold until the weather picks up a bit.
And i am now a Grandad to a baby girl ‘Eilonwy Jean’ who has already stolen my heart and i could not be happier!
Who said i was going to be bored?
Bored, not a chance.
Dave.

5 Likes

Get in there Dave and many congrats on lovely new granddaughter! That old cliché of “how did i find time to do all that when working” certainly rings true! Looking forward to getting back to normal hopefully so we can all meet up :+1:
Barrie

1 Like

Hi Barrie, i’ve got priorities in order, pram will be lowered 30mm and alignment booked in for fast pavement use.
See you soon.
Dave.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: love it!
Barrie

1 Like