Donington MX-5 Only Day - now Sunday 11th December

Donny is a brilliant circuit (only done it on bikes though) and very safe. Just do it👍

Thanks guys

@NickD Dave from opentrack said that MSV will shut Donington Park over the period of 31st October to 7th December for resurfacing

:pensive:

1 Like

Mazda on track are there on 21st November ?? :thinking:

1 Like

so did opentrack, they had to cancel their events, I’m just letting @NickD know if he was not informed already

1 Like

I have been informed, and received alternative dates and venues, but need to do some negotiations first as the only replacement Donington day is a Sunday and it costs rather more.

1 Like

I understand mate… received your email and replied as requested.

Interested in this. Do love Donny, not done it in the mazda yet.

1 Like

Without going into a long story, this date has moved to Sunday 11th December. It is genuinely a steal for a weekend, even in December at £159. Please do book. A MX-5 only day on a major circuit is a rare thing.

3 Likes

I fancy this. Just booked a Sept day though so will have to hang on til next pay.
How many spaces are left at the mo?

Newbie to mx5 track days here. Dumb question…
How do I book ?

HERE

3 Likes

Race start from recent BRSCC Club Sport Trophy at Donington.
Slowest car on the grid!

Subject to the confirmation coming through, I’ve booked myself onto this.

Total novice, never driven on track before, so I’ve booked tuition too.

Need to go helmet shopping now!

I bought the cheapest m/c helmet I could find 5 years ago. £25 then but double now.

4 Likes

I’ll be coming along to this. First time out on track in mine, but have done a few days at Donington before.

Apologies for the noob question.

My wife wants to come along but only as a spectator, and in her own car, so she can keep warm in it and leave early - I doubt she’ll want to be there all day.
So are there any restrictions on extra cars coming along and parking in the paddock that aren’t participating? And also spectating? Allowed/not?

None at all. She won’t see a lot from the Paddock though.

This was a great day, first track day in the 5, and in a car. The weather was interesting, but the track and the event were fantastic, loved it.
The car performed perfectly after putting a lot of work into it, the weakest link is 100% me. I have a lot to learn and I am looking forward to the next one

1 Like

It was good fun…
Thanks to Nick for the opportunity to do this event after not being able to do Oulton :+1: