Donington MX-5 Only Day - now Sunday 11th December

Beemer in P3?

yea there were a few other cars (and a caterham :cold_face: my heater was on for the first time on a trackday :joy: ) there were quite a few mx5’s but not enough I guess so nick opened it up to get the numbers.

1 Like

Had a great time when I eventually got out on track. Bust a brake line before the day even started, managed to find one local and get out on track for a few sessions at the end of the day.

1 Like

Some pictures and video I took on the December 11th at Donington Park with MOT Trackdays… Surprisingly grippy even if there was snowfall in the morning. Thoroughly enjoyed this…

1 Like

You looked pretty stable braking from 100mph+ into the chicane at the end of the main straight. Did you have your DSC on or off?

What tyres were you on? I can’t imagine you had to let any air out to keep the pressures down.

I would guess that stock suspension or soft settings on adjustable systems would perform better in those conditions than harder ride setups that lean more on the tyre grip.

What’s going on with the front of that 30th AE in your last picture?

For that day I deactivated TCS but I left DSC on. I did not want a revisit to the gravel :sweat_smile:

I use Michelin PS5, note that for my car my personal preference is to set the tyres at 26.5 psi for driving on the road. They grip ok but also provide a bit more compliance as the ohlins springs are a bit hard and I don’t like it on the road at 28 psi.

In the summer on trackdays I usually put my tyres at 24 psi and I do about 10 laps - they hold ok and do not go over 28 psi which is where I am aiming for them to be. I don’t think I’m quick enough to use proper trackday tyres.

For the December trackday I left the tyres at 26.5 psi and was perfect - even if I did 15 laps in a stint.

To be honest I took it really easy and didn’t really push it. At Donnington National layout I did 1:36 in the summer (obviously on a better day). There are a lot faster guys than me but its not a race, its just a personal journey.

2 Likes

I had a look and I did not see a picture with his front bumper off. Honestly I don’t know…

1 Like

I think it’s the mini tyre wall in the apex of the chicane in front of the 30AE.

2 Likes

Ah yes, so it is.

Is there any plans for one of these this year?

1 Like

Sorry to jump on this many months later - I’ve just moved into the area and was wondering what events happen around Nottingham?

Thanks!

Blyton and Donington are the nearest track days - and Curborough Sprint.

Mallory Park, Leicestershire.

MOT have a track day at Blyton this Saturday
Also Cadwell is quite close and it is a fantastic track

And I’m in like Flynn for a piece of that.
It’ll be our 2nd time there so still trying to get the best out of it :crossed_fingers:

I am thinking about it myself

1 Like

Just booked, it will be the first time at Blyton for me

Excellent !! Let’s say a prayer for the weather now :+1: :crossed_fingers: