Donington Rally FAQ

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Where is the National Rally?   Donington Park, Castle Donington, Derby DE74 2RP  - See local signage for specific entrance details.

When is the Rally and what are the opening hours? Sunday 2nd October, Event Gates Opens at 10.30am - 4:00pm. Rally programme commences 11.00am. See local signage for specific entrance details.

How much are tickets? The event is free to MX-5 Owners Club members, Members will require to hold their membership card on arrival please see Soft Top Hardtop for details -  Non-Members tickets are available on the day at the gate -  Prices Adult £5.00 under 16 free. (if you sign up to join the Club at the Rally you will receive a special discounted rate equivalent to £5 off the regular cost for joining the Club)

Are there any concessions? No, all tickets are £5.00.

Are children welcome? Yes. Access for all accompanied children under 16 is free.

Can I buy a ticket on the day? Yes, tickets are available on the gates 

What is the price for car parking? Parking is free for all in attendance. MX-5 will be parked in priority position in main parking Area.

Is there disabled access?  Yes, Please clearly display your Blue badge before arriving on site.  Marshals will direct you to the disabled parking area. The venue is on level hard surface  - access points will be provided where needed.

Are there crèche facilities? No

I am not a member and in an MX-5 where will I park? Priority is given to all Member MX-5s, non member and other vehicle owners may be parked in adjacent parking

Can I come in another car that is not an MX-5? Yes, you will be directed to the other car parking area  

Are there Area Member meeting points? Yes there are a number of Area Displays. Please get in touch with your Area Coordinator before the rally to see what your area is doing to attend the day

How can I get a printed programme? Please bring your Entry pass and Membership card to the Welcome desks to receive your programme and Rally plaque.
What is the main programme schedule? Please see your Rally programme on the day.
Can I join the Club on the day? Yes special introductory Rally pricing is available on the day. Please ask at the club membership desks for more details.
Who are the VIPs? We are joined by TV Fifth Gear's Vicki Butler-Henderson who will be with us for the day undertaking plenty of meet and greet opportunities.

Is this a track event? No we do not have access to the Donington Park circuit, there are plenty of driving opportunities at the event but this is not a track based event

Can I drive at the event? Yes, you will be able to drive your own vehicle in the Autotest challenge and experience the full speed Mazda Test track - Both sign up on the day.

What is the medical/first aid procedure? Please advise one of our many site stewards or marshals of any incident, they will take you to the medical tent on site.

What is the procedure in the event of a fire? If fire is discovered please advise an on site steward immediately, do not tackle.
Are dogs permitted? Sorry, No pets or animals are allowed for safety reasons (other than pre-arranged assistance dogs) as they are not permitted anywhere in Donington including the car-parks.
Where are the nearest toilets? Toilets are available on site. Please see programme, ask for directions or follow signage.

Is there camping on site?  Camping is available on site, please contact http://www.parkfarmhouse.co.uk/find-us

Is there a bus service to the Rally? Local Buses are available - Not provided by the Club.
Is there a cash machine on site? No. The nearest cash machines are Castle Donington where a number of high street banks are located.
Where are the nearest shops? There are local shops in Castle Donington and the local town of Melbourne.
Where is the nearest petrol station? There are petrol stations in East Midlands Airport, MOTO Services M1 and in Castle Donington..
Where are the nearest Hospitals with accident and emergency units?  Royal Derby Hospital, Uttoxeter Rd, Derby DE22 3NE, United Kingdom 

Where can I stay? Donington have preferential rates with a number of key hotels and guest houses please see here for details - http://www.donington-park.co.uk/about/accommodation/

Can I take pictures / video at the event? Yes, but please note No Aerial Photography is permitted at Donington.
Can I park next to my friends on the rally field? If you arrive together you'll be parked next to each other. 
Will there be food available? Yes there will be a number of catering units offering mixed food types on site as well as the restaurant in the Race Circuit.

Can I bring a picnic? Yes, you will be able to picnic at your vehicle.

Where can I find out more about the venue?

http://www.donington-park.co.uk

Will I enjoy my day out? Yes!!! this is set to be a fantastic Rally with a few extra special treats and surprises. Please remember this is an outdoor event at an outdoor venue while there are plenty of covered areas, we ask that you are prepared for any weather.