Donnington Trackday 31st January

I am taking my unmodified Mk2.5 to the track for the first time. This will be my baseline event - so I know where the car started from and, at least in theory, I will appreciate the difference all the upgrades make.

Hoping there might be another MX5 to speak to on the day? Anyone else going?

Will it still happen in tier 4 do you know?

[quote]Travelling within a Tier 4 area

If you live in a Tier 4 area, you must not leave your home unless you have a reasonable excuse (for example, for work or education purposes). If you need to travel you should stay local – meaning avoiding travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live – and look to reduce the number of journeys you make overall. The list of reasons you can leave your home and area include, but are not limited to:

work, where you cannot work from home

accessing education and for caring responsibilities

visiting those in your support bubble – or your childcare bubble for childcare

visiting hospital, GP and other medical appointments or visits where you have had an accident or are concerned about your health

buying goods or services from premises that are open in Tier 4 areas, including essential retail, but these should be within your local area wherever possible

outdoor recreation or exercise. This should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel a short distance within your Tier 4 area to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space) attending the care and exercise of an animal, or veterinary services[/quote]

The list isn;t comprehensive, but I don’t see how a trackday fits into the spirit of the restrictions.

I don’t expect current restrictions to be relaxed before the end of January.

1 Like

Sad, but agree with above. I have emailed them to check but think nearest we’ll get to track day before Easter is on PS(4/5). Probably not even realistic to request transfer to track in tier 3 as suspect all will be tier 4 by end of Jan. :unamused:

Will report their response.

I had a response from the organisers they say they are still waiting before giving final confirmation. They will report later this week with the verdict. I remain unhopeful.

Under the enhanced rules, I can’t see there is any way this is legal or advisable. The organisers trying to string this along seems akin to events across the Atlantic.

No surprise that it was cancelled. There wasn’t much of a delay in confirming this.

Just a sad there won’t be any fun for a good while yet.